Merger and Acquisition Essay Essay
Indian Trade Unions
In India the Trade Union motion is by and large divided on political lines. Harmonizing to probationary statistics from the Ministry of Labour. trade brotherhoods had a combined rank of 24. 601. 589 in 2002. As of 2008. there are 11 Central Trade Union Organizations ( CTUO ) recognized by the Ministry of Labour These are different recognized Central Trade organisations
All India Central Council of Trade Unions
All India Central Council of Trade Unions. a cardinal trade brotherhood federation in India. AICCTU is politically attached to Communist Party of India ( Marxist-Leninist ) Liberation. Harmonizing to probationary statistics from the Ministry of Labour. AICCTU had a rank of 639. 962 in 2002.
The attached brotherhoods of All India Central Council of Trade Unions are
* All India Agrarian Labourers Association * All India Construction Workers Federation * Bengal Chatkal Mazdoor Federation is a trade brotherhood of jute factory workers in West Bengal. India. [ 1 ] The brotherhood is affiliated to the All India Central Council of Trade Unions. * Bunkar Mahasabha is a trade brotherhood of weavers in Varanasi. India. Bunkar Mahasabha was formed in 2001 * Rajasthan Nirman Mazdoor Sangathan ( Rajasthan Construction Workers Organization ) is a trade brotherhood of building workers in Rajasthan. India. RNMS is affiliated to All India Central Council of Trade Unions. The President of RNMS is Shrilata Swaminathan.
* The Tamil Nadu Democratic Construction Labour Union is a trade brotherhood of building workers in the province of Tamil Nadu. India. TNDCLU is affiliated with the All India Central Council of Trade Unions. TNDCLU hopes to increase its rank to 15. 000 during 2005. * Indo Japan Air Services Staff Union ( IJASSU ) is a registered staff brotherhood of Indo Japan Air Services Private Limited ( a 100 % subordinate of Japan Airlines Company Limited ) under the Indian Trade Unions Act 1926 holding enrollment no. F-10/RTU/E/06/11. Indo Japan Air Services Staff Union is affiliated to All India Central Council of Trade Unions
* All India General Kamgar Union
* Building Workers Union
* DTC Unity Centre
* Mahila Kamgar Union
* Khet Mazdoor Sabha
All India Trade Union Congress
The All India Trade Union Congress ( AITUC ) is the oldest trade brotherhood federations in India and one of the five largest. Harmonizing to probationary statistics from the Ministry of Labour. AITUC had a rank of 2. 677. 979 in 2002. It was founded on 31 October 1920 in Bombay by Lala Lajpat Rai and a few others and. until 1945 when brotherhoods became organised on party lines. it was the primary trade brotherhood administration in India. Since so it has been associated with the Communist Party of India. AITUC is governed by a organic structure headed by National President Ramedra Kumar and General Secretary Gurudas Dasgupta. both the politician affiliated with Communist Party of India. AITUC is a laminitis member of the World Federation of Trade Unions. Today. its institutional records are portion of the Archivess at the Nehru Memorial Museum & A ; Library. at Teen Murti House. Delhi Following are the attached brotherhoods to the All India Trade Union Congress
* Andhra Pradesh Auto Rickshaw Drivers and Workers Federation. . a trade brotherhood of car jinrikisha drivers in Andhra Pradesh. India. APARDWF is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress * Andhra Pradesh Mica Mine Workers Union – A. P. Mica Mine Workers Union. a trade brotherhood of isinglass mine laborers in the Gudur minesfields in Andhra Pradesh. India. APMMU is affiliated to All India Trade Union Congress. APMMU claims a rank of 1200 out of a sum of 7000 workers. Andhra Pradesh is one of the three taking countries where isinglass is mined in India. India produces approximately 62 % of the world’s isinglass but in recent old ages other stuffs replacing isinglass in its chief applications ( such as electronics ) have impacted the monetary value and excavation of isinglass in India. * Calcutta Hawkers’ Men Union is a trade brotherhood of peddlers in Kolkata. CHMU was founded in 1971. CHMU is affiliated to All India Trade Union Congress. Its rank is chiefly based amongst nutrient sellers.
* Federation of Chatkal Mazdoor Unions. a trade brotherhood of jute factory workers in West Bengal. India. The brotherhood is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The general secretary of FCMU is Debasish Dutta * Nikhila Orissa Beedi Shramika Federation ( All Orissa Beedi Workers Federation ) . a trade brotherhood in Orissa. India. forming adult females beedi workers. NOBSF is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. * Patiala Aviation Club Workers Union. a trade brotherhood forming workers at the Patiala Aviation Club in Patiala. Punjab. India. PACWU is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The president of PACWU is Balinder Kumar Sharma. In the period of 1999-2001 PAC workers were non paid wages for over two old ages. something that was highlighted by the PACWU.
* Pondicherry Textile Labour Union. a trade brotherhood of fabric workers in Puducherry. India. PTLU is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The secretary of PTLU is V. S. Abishegam. * Powerloom Workers Union. a trade brotherhood of powerloom workers in Andhra Pradesh. India. PWU is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The president of PWU is S. Mallesham. * Punjab Breweries Workers Union. a trade brotherhood of brewery workers in Punjab. India. PBWU is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The president of PBWU is gurbir singh and the general secretary Kishan Chand
* Vegetable Market Workers Union. a trade brotherhood in Andhra Pradesh. India. VMWU is affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress. The president of VMWU is Moulana. * Visakha Steel Workers Union. a trade brotherhood of steel workers at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. in Visakhapatnam. India. VSWU is affiliated with the All India Trade Union Congress. In March 2008 VSWU. contending brotherhood elections in alliance with the CITU-affiliated Steel Plant Employees Union. regained the brotherhood acknowledgment at the works. The AITUC-CITU forepart won 6. 597 ballots against 4. 361 ballots for the INTUC-affiliated Visakha Steel Employees’ Congress.
All India United Trade Union Centre
The All India United Trade Union Centre ( AIUTUC ) . once known as United Trade Union Centre ( Lanin Sarani ) or UTUC-LS. is a Cardinal Trade Union Organisation in India and the labour wing of the Socialist Unity Centre of India ( Communist ) . Presently its activities are spread over 19 provinces. The administration claims to hold 600 attached brotherhoods. consisting an single rank of over two million. It is the 6th largest trade brotherhood in India. Harmonizing to probationary statistics from the Ministry of Labour. UTUC-LS had a rank of 1. 368. 535 in 200 History
All India UTUC was founded at a conference held in Kolkata 26–27 April 1958. following a split in the United Trade Union Congress. Initially it used the name UTUC. but in the general media it was referred to as UTUC ( Dharamtala Street ) ( where it had its offices ) to separate it from the original UTUC. In 1969. at the enterprise of Subodh Banerjee. West Bengal State Committee President of the administration and PWD Minister in anti-Congress United Front Government in the province. the name of the street was changed to ‘Lenin Sarani’ .
Therefore the new name of the administration became UTUC ( Lenin Sarani ) . In the 17th UTUC ( LS ) conference held in Delhi in 1985 the administration was renamed as ‘United Trade Union Centre ( Lenin Sarani ) ’ . In the 18th conference held in 1992 in Calcutta ‘Lenin Sarani’ was un-bracketed. connoting that it no longer referred to the name of the street where the office is located but became an built-in portion of the name of the administration which was thenceforth known as ‘United Trade Union Centre-Lenin Sarani’ ( UTUC-LS ) . The 19th all India conference of the organisation held in Delhi on 27 March 2008 approved the alteration of name to All India United Trade Union Centre ( All India UTUC )
The All India UTUC is working in both formal and informal sectors. In informal sector. the most of import section where it has been working from the very origin is agribusiness. In the formal sectors All India UTUC has brotherhoods. federations and activities in basic. heavy and cardinal industries and of import service sectors like Iron and Steel. Engineering. Electricity. Coal and Non-Coal Mines. Railways. Port and Dock. Road-Transport. Banks and Financial Institutions. Insurance. Central and State Government Services. On the footing of its rank strength All India UTUC has been recognised as a Central Trade Union Organisation by the Government of India and has its representations in apex degree tripartite commissions every bit good as in International Labour Conferences ( ILC ) of the ILO.
Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh
The Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh ( Indian Workers’ Union ) is the largest cardinal trade brotherhood organisation in India. It was founded by Dattopantji Thengdi on July 23. 1955. which besides happens to the birthday of Bal Gangadhar Tilak. The BMS itself claims to hold over 8. 3 million members. At present it is estimated around 5860 brotherhoods are affiliated to the BMS. Harmonizing to probationary statistics from the Ministry of Labour. the BMS had a rank of 6. 215. 797 in 2002. It can besides be noted that the BMS is non affiliated to any International Trade Union Confederation.
BMS was founded on 23 July 1955 – the twenty-four hours being the birth day of remembrance of Lok Manya Bal Gangadhar Tilak – veteran of Freedom Movement. Two of import facets stand out in connexion with this: ( a ) Formation of BMS was non the consequence of split in the bing trade brotherhood administrations. unlike in the instance of about all other trade brotherhoods. Hence it had the formidable duty of constructing its organizational construction from the grass root degree. It started from zero holding no trade brotherhood. no rank. no militant ( karyakarta ) . no office and no fund. ( B ) On the really first twenty-four hours it was visualised as a trade brotherhood whose base-sheet ground tackles – would be Nationalism. would work as a echt trade brotherhood. maintaining itself conscientiously off from party political relations. This was besides unlike other trade brotherhoods which were linked to one or the other political party. overtly or otherwise.
Purposes and Objective
( a ) To set up finally the Bharatiya order of society in which there shall be secured among other things: I. Complete use of work force and resources taking to full employment and maximal production. two. Replacement of net income motivation by service motivation and constitution of economic democracy ensuing in just distribution of wealth to the best advantage of all single citizens and of the national as a whole. three. Development of independent industrial communities organizing portion and package of the state. climaxing in ‘Labourisation of industry’ four. Provision of work with life pay to every person through maximal industrialization of the state. ( B ) With a position to enable the workers to endeavor successfully for the ultimate realization of the above objects and to beef up them. in the interim. to do their ain part to the cause of protecting and advancing their involvement consistent with those of the community: v. To help workers in organizing themselves in trade brotherhoods as a medium of service to the fatherland irrespective of religions and political affinities.
six. To steer. direct. supervise and organize the activities of the attached brotherhoods. seven. To help the attached brotherhoods in the formation of province BMS units and Industrial Federations as constitutional units of the BMS and eight. To convey about integrity in the trade brotherhood motion. ( degree Celsius ) To procure and continue for the workers: nine. The right to work. the right for security of service and for societal security. the right to carry on trade brotherhood activities and the right to strike as a last resort after holding exhausted other legitimate methods of trade unionism for redressal of grudges. ten. Improvement in conditions of work. life and societal and industrial position. eleven. A life pay consistent with a national lower limit and due portion in the net incomes in their several industries as spouses. twelve. Other appropriate comfortss
thirteen. Expeditious enforcement and appropriate amendment of bing labour statute law in their involvement and xiv. Enactment of new labour Torahs from clip to clip in audience with the labour representatives. ( vitamin D ) To instill in the heads of the workers the spirit of service. cooperation and dutifulness and develop in them a sense of duty towards the state in general and industry in peculiar ( vitamin E ) To educate the labor by organizing worker’s preparation categories. survey circles. guest talks. seminars. symposia. jaunts etc. . in cooperation with establishments and administrations holding similar purposes and objects such as the Central Board of Workers Education. Labour Research Centre. Universities etc. . and besides to keep libraries. ( degree Fahrenheit ) To print or do publication of diaries. periodicals. booklets. images. books and many other types of literature chiefly refering labour and their involvements and to buy. sell & amp ; go around them.
( g ) To set up. promote and form Labor Research Centers and similar activities. ( H ) By and large to take such other stairss as may be necessary to better the societal. economic. cultural. civic and general conditions of the workers. For sound wellness of workers and society BMS has been against the usage of any type of drugs. spirits. intoxicant and smoke. ( I ) To render aid or to set up concerted societies. public assistance establishments. nines etc. . for the overall public assistance of the common adult male in general and the workers and their households in peculiar.
National Labour Day
India has a heritage of 1000s of twelvemonth where the self-respect of labor every bit good as those of laborers was good established. The desperate demand of the hr is to re-establish the same – the Dignity of Labour by detecting our ain labour twenty-four hours. As besides. most of the States have their National Labour Day. National Labour Day was rediscovered to be on Vishwakarma Jayanti. Vishwakarma. being the first craftsman – craftsman. sculpturer. and engineer – and in fact the traditional symbol of difficult labor. This falls on Kanya Sankranti of each twelvemonth. BMS. since its origin. has been detecting Vishwakarma Jayanti – on 17 September of English Calendar Year as National Labour Day. While working since 1955 it has given to the labour motion new mottos profiting its political orientation:
* Bharat Mata Ki Jai
* We will work in the involvement of the state and will take full pay for the work done ( Desh qi hit me kam karenge. kam ki lenge poore dham ) * The forfeit. repentance and martyrdom are designation of BMS ( BMS ki kya pehchan. Tyag. Tapasya aur Balidan ) * Understand the value of Capital and Labour is equal and same ( Paise aur pasine ki kimmat samjo ek samaan ) . * Workers unite the universe ( Mazdooron duniya ko ek karo )
* Industrialise the state. Nationalize the Labour. Labourise the Industry ( Rashtra Udyogikaran. Sharamik ka Rashtriyakaran. Udyog ka Mazdoorikaran ) * Bonus to all pay earners – as deferred pay ( Sabi Vetanbogiyonko der Se diya Harkat-ul-Mujahidin vetan qi roop me fillip ) * Stop favoritism. Income-ratio should be one and ten. ( Bed-bhav bandh karo. Aay ka anupath Ek aur Dus Ho ) New tendencies in the trade brotherhood motion
BMS has contributed rather a few new thoughts which have virtually become tendency compositors. The non-political nature of BMS has now gained currency and has become acceptable non merely in India but besides abroad. The XII World Trade Union Congress of WFTU. held in Moscow. in 1990. adopted a papers to this consequence. BMS doesn’t believe in category construct and rejects the category theory propounded by Marx. Alternatively its battle and battle is against the unfairness on workers from whatever quarters. Bing non-political. its attitude towards any democratically elective authorities is governed by the rule of “Responsive Co-operation” . BMS thought of “Labourisation” of Industries – a phase where workers would jointly have and pull off the industrial units has initiated a national argument on it. This experiment has been successfully undertaken in New Central Jute Mills. West Bengal.
New Economic Policy ( NEP ) and New Industrial Policy ( NIP )
While opposing the above policies BMS was foremost to give motto for 2nd war of economic independency. At the same clip it has suggested some positive options. It has smartly condemned the object resignation to the conditionality of the IMF and WB as that would amount to giving up our sovereignty. BMS considers the motion as an chance to construct up Swadeshi Model of Economy. Hence it has inspired motion for the usage of Swadeshi ( Indigenous ) Products as against the foreign or MNC merchandises. It has offered to collaborate in turning the loss doing PSUs profitable where practicable. it has agreed to bring on the workers to take up their unit to run them on sound lines.
To control inordinate profiteering. which is the chief perpetrator behind monetary value rise ; it has suggested that the Government should take stairss to do the consumer aware of the cost of production of each merchandise to day-to-day usage. This consciousness will function as a ticker Canis familiaris to keep the monetary values. BMS is besides of the position that for making adequate occupation chances. agricultural development should acquire more attending as besides agro-based and little and bantam industries. Vishwakarma Sector ( Self-employment sector ) should acquire more encouragement than at present. On modern engineering. BMS while non being counter would prefer developing our ain engineering based on autochthonal and traditional cognition to outdo suit our conditions. From this angle national engineering policy should be drawn.
Indian National Trade Union Congress
Indian National Trade Union Congress ( INTUC ) is the trade brotherhood wing of the Indian National Congress. It was founded May 3. 1947. and is affiliated with the International Trade Union Confederation Objectives of INTUC
To set up an order of society which is free from hinderance in the manner on an all unit of ammunition development of its single members. which fosters the growing of human personality in all its facets and goes to the extreme bound in increasingly extinguishing societal political or economic development and inequality. the net income motivation in the economic activity and organisation of society and the anti-social concentration in any signifier. To put industry under national ownership and control in suited signifier in order to recognize the aforementioned aims in the quickest clip. * To form society in such a mode as to guarantee full employment and the best use of its work force and other resources. * To procure increasing association of the worker in the disposal of industry and their full engagement in its control.
* To advance by and large the societal civic and political involvement of the working category to procure an effectual and complete organisation of all classs of workers. including agricultural labor. * To steer and organize the activities of the attached organisations. * To help and organize the activities of the attached organisations. * To help in the formation of trade brotherhoods. * To advance the organisation of workers of each industry on a nation-wide footing. * To help in the formation of Regional or Pradesh Branches or Federations. * To procure rapid betterment of conditions of work and life and of the position of the workers in industry and society. * To obtain for the workers assorted steps of societal security. including equal proviso in regard of accidents. pregnancy. illness. old age and unemployment.
* To procure a life pay for every worker in normal employment and to convey about a progressive betterment in the workers criterion of life. * To modulate hours and other conditions of work in maintaining with the conditions of the workers and to guarantee the proper enforcement of statute law for the protection and up-lift of labor. * To set up merely industrial dealingss. * To procure redressal of grudges. without arrests of work. by agencies of dialogues and conciliation and neglecting these by arbitration or adjudication.
* To take resort to other legitimate method. including work stoppages or any suited signifier of Satyagraha. where adjudication is non applied and colony of differences within a sensible clip by arbitration is non available for the damages of grudges. * To do necessary agreements for the efficient behavior satisfactory and rapid decision of authorised work stoppages or Satyagraha. * To further the spirit of solidarity. service. brotherhood co-operation and common aid among the workers. * To develop in the workers a sense of duty towards the industry and community. * To raise the workers’ criterion of efficiency and subject.