DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.4. “Charge” is a fee paid by the Users in order to get a fixed-term (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, annual etc.) subscription for downloading Papers which can be downloaded only on a paid basis. The Charge is the same for all of our registered Users.
1.5. “Code” is any computer language used fo creation of the Website.
1.7. “Contributor” is a Website User who uploads the Papers to the Website Papers database.
1.8. “Paper” is an academic paper of any type (essay, research paper, case study, book review, lab report, assignment etc.) uploaded by the Contributors or by StudyHippo.comand displayed on the Website.
1.9. “Services” are the actions performed by StudyHippo.com, its agents, affiliated and authorized persons for the benefit of the Users in connection with their use of the Website and provision of access to the Website Papers database for uploading, viewing and downloading of the Papers.
1.12. “Visitor” is any person visiting the Website who is not a registered User.
1.13. Words denoting the masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter genders and vice versa. Words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2.7. StudyHippo.com may at any time without notifying the Users make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any safety or other statutory requirements or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services.
2.8. StudyHippo.com grants to the Users a limited license to access and view samples of Papers displayed on the Website but not to download the same until the Users have registered and paid the Charges according to the instructions on the Website.
3.1. The ability to make full use of the Website, including uploading and downloading Papers, asking and responding to questions on the Website is available to Website Visitors after registration as a Website User (registration of User account).
3.3. StudyHippo.com does not charge a fee for User registration on the Website.
3.4. Only persons who are at least 18 years old and can enter into binding arrangements in accordance with applicable laws are allowed to register on the Website and receive the right to use the Services and the Website.
3.6. Persons under 18 years old may use the Services and the Website only with the permission and under the supervision of their parents, legal guardians or trustees who are at least 18 years old. At the same time, the fully responsible Users will be such parents, legal guardians or trustees.
3.7. StudyHippo.com shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to deny the User access to the Website and the Services, as well as to change/set the eligibility criteria for Users at any time.
3.8. By registering on the Website You agree to provide true, accurate, current and most complete information which may be requested on the Website, including, but not limited to, a valid e-mail address and payment details. You agree to regularly update such information in order to ensure their relevance.
3.9. After registration, the User will be assigned an account on the Website. When creating an account, a username and a password to access the Website under such user account will be set. The User’s registered email address will be used as a username to access his account on the Website. The password can be set by the User at his sole discretion.
3.10. The User is fully responsible for security, confidentiality and safe keeping of his username and password and for all activities and damage caused by improper storage of such data, their unauthorized use, and for any consequences which resulted or could have resulted from their use in such a manner. In the case of infringement of the confidentiality of the User’s username and password, and any unauthorized use of his username and password, the User is required to notify the Website Users Support Service at [email protected] immediately.
3.11. The User agrees that StudyHippo.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the User’s failure to maintain the confidentiality of his username and password. The User agrees not to permit the disclosure of his username and password to third parties, except StudyHippo.com, without written permission of StudyHippo.com.
3.12. The User shall be fully responsible for the transfer of rights and access to his account on the Website to third parties. The User will be responsible for all acts committed with the use of his account, username and password.
3.13. StudyHippo.com reserves the right to freeze and/or delete uncommitted and inactive user accounts at its sole discretion after 12 months since the last authorization of such account at the Website. StudyHippo.com shall not be liable for failure to provide the Services and access to the Website to Users whose account has been frozen or deleted.
3.14. If the User provides false or incomplete information or StudyHippo.com has a reason to believe that the information he provided is false, inaccurate or deliberately untrue, StudyHippo.com shall be entitled to freeze and/or delete the User’s account unilaterally, and deny his use of the Services and Website.
3.16. The Papers uploaded by You should not contain information offensive to third parties, any materials which are obscene, discriminatory, illegal, containing hatred, threats or provocations, calls for violence, violating copyrights of others or material which is misleading or encourages any unlawful action or supports any unlawful or immoral actions.
3.18. The rules and procedure of using cookies and other similar instruments shall be governed by the Cookies Processing Policy, which shall form an integral part hereof.
3.19. StudyHippo.com shall be entitled to disclose the User’s identity to third parties appealing that any material/content posted by such Users in any way violate the intellectual property rights or the right to privacy of such third parties.
3.20. The User shall be personally responsible for any materials/content posted by him or by using his User account on the Website, any information he provides to the other Visitors and Users as well as for his interactions with such persons.
4.1. The User shall be personally responsible for his actions with respect to the Website, StudyHippo.com and other Users, as well as data, text, information, content and links to external resources posted by the User on the Website.
4.3. Acting as a User You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
4.4. StudyHippo.com shall be entitled to use all available means to protect its rights and interests, including, but not limited to, to suspend the posting of Papers or delete the posted Papers, materials or content related to such Papers without prior notice. StudyHippo.com may temporarily freeze or delete the Users account, prohibit their access to the Website and take the technical and legal actions to deny the User’s access to the Website and providing of Services in the event of:
- StudyHippo.com’s reasonable suspicions that the User’s actions may entail legal responsibility and/or financial damage to StudyHippo.com, Website Users and Visitors or service providers to the Website and other persons.
- not to send unsolicited, intrusive messages, spam, “chain letters”, etc. to StudyHippo.com and Users;
- not to modify or hack the Website or other online resources to misguide someone about the reference of such resources to the Website, their connection with the Website and/or StudyHippo.com;
- not to commit actions of unauthorized copying, modification, use of materials and content posted on the Website;
- not to perform unauthorized actions for collection, storage, use or disclosure of Users’ personal information obtained by the User when using the Website or as a result of uploading Papers or obtaining Services;
- not to take any actions which may lead to the liability of StudyHippo.com towards any party or which may cause a suspension or termination of services offered by third parties to StudyHippo.com or Website Users;
- not to interfere with the Website operation, Services available therein and other Users’ accounts;
- not to transfer or sell anyone your account on the Website or username and password to access the Website without the consent of StudyHippo.com;
- not to register on the Website under another username and password, already being a registered User of the Website;
- not to duplicate the posting of Papers already uploaded to the Website;
- not to use, apply or implement on the Website or in respect of the Website, StudyHippo.com, Services, other Users any malicious software, including, but not limited to, worms, viruses, Trojans, logic bombs and other means which could harm or be technologically dangerous for the Website or the abovementioned persons;
- not to attempt unauthorized access to the Website or the servers on which it is hosted, or any other servers, computers or database, other equipment and technological tools related to the Website;
- not to perform DoS-attacks and DDOS-attacks on the Website and/or Users’ pages;
4.6. The abovementioned actions can be qualified as an offense entailing the punishment and sanctions provided for by law. In the case of such violations, StudyHippo.com will be forced to apply to the competent authorities to enforce its rights and interests, as well as the rights and interests of the Users of the Website. In the case of the above actions, such User’s right to use the Website and Services will be discontinued and StudyHippo.com will be entitled to disclose the User’s personal data and information to the competent authorities and persons as provided for by the applicable laws.
- Papers and materials, the posting of which infringes the copyright, rights for trademarks or patents and/or related rights of third parties;
- content connected with pornographic materials or actions of a sexual nature, child erotica and pornography;
- content promoting racial, religious, ethnic hatred or enmity;
- abusive materials, including those related to the violence and/or brutality;
- materials related to the surveillance and surreptitious obtaining of information (bugging) etc.;
- materials related to the illegal use of databases containing personal information, content which can contribute to unsolicited mailing of spam messages;
- content related to the use of viruses or any other computer codes, files or applications designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer or telecommunication equipment, applications for unauthorized access, regardless of medium, their content;
- any other content, the posting of which is not permitted or is prohibited by the applicable law;
- any content, the posting or order of which through the Website could harm the Website, StudyHippo.com and/or other Users of the Website.
USE OF WEBSITE
5.1. No access to the Website for the full viewing and downloading of Papers shall be allowed until the User has paid the Charges in full.
5.2. The Charges for each fixed-time subscription can be paid by credit/debit card or PayPal according to instructions on the Website.
5.3. You can choose the most relevant way of your use of the Website. Each fixed-term subscription, available on the Website, provide You with a limited number of Paper downloads that you can check here
5.4. If you want to try on our service you can choose one-off 1 hour-term subscription. The fixed-term subscription starting with 24 hours can be with autocharge or without autocharge at your choice. The fixed-term subscription with autocharge function is renewed automatically for the same next period upon expiration of its validity period. By chosing autocharge for your fixed-term subscription you agree and confirm your consent to automatic Charge of your credit/debit card or PayPal with a relevant sum of money as a payment for the subscription for the next period. The amount of Charge for the automatically renewed subscription is the same as for the subscription initially chosen by you. We will notify you on the Charge and subscription renewal by sending a letter or by contacting you through the instruments available on the Website.
5.5. You can stop automatic renewal of fixed-term subscription in the settings of your account on the Website, or by submitting a relevant request to the Website User Support Service at [email protected] or by following the instructions in the letter received as a confirmation of subscription renewal and Charges made.
5.6. If you are not satisfied with our services for any reason, you can ask for refund. StudyHippo.com will issue a refund to You only if all the following conditions are met:
1) You paid for 1 month or more fixed-term subscription. Short-term (less than 30 days) subscriptions are non-refundable.
2) During the term of your fixed-term subscription You downloaded no more the 3 Papers from our Database.
3) You submitted a refund request within the 3 calendar days from the date when You downloaded third Paper from our Database (Refund Period). Once the Refund Period elapses, StudyHippo.com will not refund any amounts paid.
5.7. Following registration on the Website the Users receive a right to upload their own Papers to the Website Papers database and to receive a reward in a form of fixed-term subscription to our services. For uploading from one to four Papers to our Website Papers database You shall have the right to obtain 24 hours subscription. For uploading 5 and more Papers at the same day You shall have the right to obtain 1 month subscription.
5.8. In order to obtain the reward for uploading Papers to Website Papers database please submit a relevant request to the Website User Support Service [email protected]
5.9. We will preliminary review the Paper after you submit it to StudyHippo.com and we may reject the Paper based on our internal policy at our own discretion. Rejected Paper will not be displayed on Website and reward for uploading to Website will not be obtained.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
6.2. By uploading any Papers to the Website Papers database, you, acting as a Website User:
- warrant that you are the legal and beneficial copyright owner of such Papers and the use of such materials does not breach the third party rights of any individual or legal entity;
- undertake not to use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any content and Papers not owned by you;
- shall indemnify and hold StudyHippo.com and the Website harmless against any and all claims, penalties, liability, losses, expenses, fines or damages arising out of our or User`s normal use of your Papers.
6.3. By uploading Papers to the Website Papers database, you agree to sell such Papers to StudyHippo.com for the price agreed by you and StudyHippo.com. In doing so and clicking upload-button, you agree to transfer complete ownership, copyright or otherwise, to StudyHippo.com. By uploading your Papers, you agree not to upload them to other websites, similar or otherwise, and you affirm that it has not already been uploaded to another website, including your own.
6.4. StudyHippo.com does not promise or guarantee that any Papers uploaded to the Website Papers database will be purchased by other Users. StudyHippo.com reserves the right to reject any uploaded Paper for any reason. StudyHippo.com has full right to use the Papers uploaded to the Website Papers database as the copyright owner once it is purchased by StudyHippo.com, including but not limited to by uploading the Paper to other websites/transfer or licensing copyright to third persons and other rights prescribed by the law.
6.5. Copyright in any Code used in the provision of the Services or the Website shall remain the property of StudyHippo.com but StudyHippo.com shall grant to the Users a non-assignable non-exclusive license to use the Code for the purpose of using the Services and the Website but for no other purpose provided the Users keeps intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. In addition to the above provisions any reproduction or redistribution of the Papers and /or Code is expressly prohibited by law and copying or reproduction of the Papers and / or Code to any other server or location for further reproduction or re-distribution is expressly prohibited.
WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
7.3. StudyHippo.com shall not be responsible for the outcome of any use by the Users of the Papers.
7.4. StudyHippo.com does not warrant that the Services will remain fully operational at all times and will not be affected by malicious attacks, viruses and denial of service attacks.
7.5. StudyHippo.com gives no warranty for the quality reliability or service of any third party service provider (if any) and does not warrant that the Services and the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or without error.
7.6. StudyHippo.com cannot guarantee that correction of any error or problem will be provided with any specific time scale but where StudyHippo.com estimates that any correction will take more than 2 working days it will provide, where reasonably practicable a work around or patch.
7.7. StudyHippo.com shall not be liable to the Users or deemed to be in breach of the Agreement by reason of the Website going down for less than 3 days in any month. If the Website were to go down for more than 3 days during any month then the number of days during which the Website was interrupted up to a maximum of 5 will be added manually to the end of the period for which the User has paid for access to the Website and requested an extension by mail.
7.8. StudyHippo.com shall not be liable to the Users or deemed to be in breach of the Agreement by reason of any delay in performing or failure to perform any of the StudyHippo.com’s obligations in relation to the Services if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the StudyHippo.com’s reasonable control.
7.9. StudyHippo.com cannot guarantee accuracy, thoroughness, and appropriateness of any information or Paper offered on this Website. StudyHippo.com cannot provide any guarantees that the Paper will match your purposes or meet your expectations in full. We also do not assume responsibility for any errors which may occur in Papers and materials that You download from the Website.
7.11. StudyHippo.com does not offer any advice on the merits or suitability of Papers and no view, or statement or thought expressed by StudyHippo.com, or its employees, or contractors shall be construed as such by the User. StudyHippo.com or its employees, or contractors only provides information about the Papers and does not advise Users.
8.2. In some cases, there may be disputes between the Users and StudyHippo.com. The Users shall take all feasible and reasonable steps for dispute settlement using the tools and contacts available on the Website.
8.3. Dispute case can be transferred by the Users to the Website User Support Service at [email protected]
8.5. The Website User Support Service may consider only those disputes which are related to the Services and Papers available on the Website.
Last amended on July 6, 2017