The Outsiders Questions Essay
1. The Greasers are people with long oily hair who live on the east side. They’re about like goons. stealing things. have gang battles. drive old souped-up autos. Socs are the male childs who are the West rich childs. They jump wetbacks. wreck houses. throw beer blasts and drive tufa mustangs.
2. Before the narrative began. Johnny was child abused a batch at place. He besides got jumped and crush up really severely by the socs. The socs left cicatrixs on him and got him shed blooding a batch. From so on. Johnny was terrified of socs. 3. Cherry turned “White as a Sheet” when ponyboy told her about Johnny’s whipping because she doesn’t think that all socs are like that. She told Ponyboy that there are other sides of the socs. which is the nice side and they wouldn’t do that to the wetbacks.
4. “You Greasers have a different set of values. ” The different values they had were that the Greasers were more emotional. The socs are cool and sophisticated and have no emotion in what they say. They’re excessively numb to experience anything. but the wetbacks have feelings.
5. Johnny was motivated to give Dally the order because he thinks that Cherry is a nice miss and person he can speak to. Dally obeys him because he’s the packs pet and besides Dally’s pet so he couldn’t hit him.
6. Cherry and Ponyboy communicated despite their societal places because they felt like they could speak to each other like they’ve known each other a long clip. Ponyboy talked to Cherry like he was speaking to sodapop and he has ne’er met anyone else he could speak to wish that.
7. Ponyboy felt acrimonious towards all socs because he has ne’er seen the side of socs Cherry talked about. He’s merely seen the side where they jumped wetbacks and about killed Johnny. His feelings so turned into resentment because he didn’t cognize what to believe.
8. Earlier. Bob was the 1 who cut up Johnny’s face with his elephantine rings. Subsequently on when Johnny recognized Bob because of his rings. he was already really frightened of him. Then Bob tried to submerge Ponyboy in the fountain and Johnny felt like he had to make something because Bob besides tried to kill him. So Johnny decides to kill Bob. but felt ace guilty afterwards.
9. Johnny and Ponyboy turned to Dally for aid because they knew he could be trusted and that he wouldn’t state anyone. If they asked anyone else. they would’ve told Darry and Ponyboy would acquire into a batch of problem. Dally gave them two guns. a leather jacket for Ponyboy and adequate money to purchase a hebdomads of nutrient.
10. Johnny and Ponyboy ran off to an abandoned church in a town called Windrixville because Johnny killed Bob. They got to the church by leaping onto a train that goes to that town.
11. Ponyboy was upset about acquiring his hair cut and bleached because being a wetback. they were known for holding long oily hair. His hair was his pride and joy. Without his long hair. he fundamentally lost is pride and “tuffness”
12. It is dry that Johnny and Ponyboy were involved in a slaying because they were the 1s who normally caused no problem at all.
13. Cherry’s principle for helping the Greasers because she likes Dally and thinks Ponyboy is nice. She’s tired of the socs acquiring rummy all the clip so she decides to assist the Greasers. She can’t see the Greasers much because it would mess up her repute.
14. Johnny’s ground for turning himself because he thinks that it isn’t just for Sodapop and Darry to be worrying about Ponyboy since it wasn’t even his mistake. He besides didn’t want to maintain running off from the constabulary for all his life and he besides thought that since he doesn’t have a repute. they wouldn’t be that rough on him.
15. Johnny and Ponyboy decided to travel in the church and deliverance the kids because they thought it was their full mistake. They thought that they were the 1s who caused the fire because they might’ve dropped a illuminated coffin nail. so they felt guilty.
16. Johnny didn’t have a defeated leery expression after salvaging the kids because he felt truly confident. When he was salvaging the kids. Ponyboy saw that Johnny was holding the clip of his life.
17. Darry’s shouting had such a profound consequence upon Ponyboy because Darry was truly tough. He was the 1 who seldom calls. so Ponyboy was shocked that Darry would shout for him.
18. The brothers left the door unlock at all times merely encase one of the pack members had a tough dark and couldn’t go place. It is left so that the remainder of the pack members are able to kip at that place until they feel like they to travel place.
19. Randy decided non to take part in the rumbling because he thinks that the combat wouldn’t do any good and it was merely pointless. He besides felt that no affair who wins. nil would of all time alter so it doesn’t even matter to him.
20. The socs and Bob wanted to be normal because they were merely normal cats and had soft musca volitanss excessively.
21. Ponyboy thinks it’s really of import to take part in the rumbling because he wants to make it for Johnny. He wants to acquire retaliation because the socs about killed Johnny before and now it was their mistake that Johnny’s in the infirmary about deceasing. Chapter 8
22. The one thing that kept Darry from being a soc was his pack and brothers. It was because he didn’t want to go forth his brothers and be the enemy if his brothers were still Greasers.