Personal Experience Essay Examples
Reflections of what I have learned in the course.
Its indeed my point of expression that I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in this area of study. Through this course, I have been able to understand why the individual behavior is important and how it can impact on organizations’ goals. This is relevant in as far as achieving team success is concerned. This key lesson was therefore important in understanding how diversity in a team is vital for its success, its role in the change of management and it is of vital importance in the development of the organization. All these are learned particularly under the Johari theory for the understand the types of individuals in an organization. These key lessons are ideally vital for any individual who wants to learn on project management. This is not only limited to the learners but extends to the people already in project management as it enables them to make important decisions. These are key lessons which made me a good project manager who is capable of understanding people in the organization.
According to my job as an accountant in project management, my role will be as follows:
- Perception: our perception of individuals must be made in a way that enables them to make key decisions which are important to the organization and the individual. We should know the view of the individual towards people who around him/her and how to analyze the situation and the events and how this impacts on others and to make decisions.
- Learning: this enables the managers, leaders, workers, and business owners to understand how their behavior affects business and areas which they ought to change.
- Motivation: This duty relates to motivating and inculcating values into the employees which will enable them to work harder towards enabling the organization to achieve its goals
- Personal: this duty will be based on the fact that it is also important for the manager to understand the personal characteristics of the individual and its impact on the others within the workplace.
- Psychological trends: This will follow a three thronged approach and includes the following:-
- A cognitive component which entails knowledge and information,
- Emotional component usually associated with units and feelings
- Behavioral component associated behavioral inclination (Robbins & Judge, 2013).
This connotes the application of influential variables and elements which consist of collective behavior of individuals within groups. Its essential in knowing and understanding of behavior and forecasting it and thus offer guidance is through: –
- Work teams: the work on forming teams by encouraging and push individuals to make a good relationship with each other which can help to decision-making within work groups.
- Leadership: we should know what kind of leadership styles which impact positively on the behavior of others and the required skills for working them.
- Communication: These help both managers and employees in understanding each other and make all communication tools open and available.
Finally, at this level, it will help in the following:
- It contributes to proper understanding and interpretation the behavior, diversity, initiatives, and reactions that come from working through understanding the nature of motivation and perception. Values that govern and control the behavior and nature of the pressures means that there must be an adoption of the most appropriate business leadership to be learned and adopted.
- Helping to make a strategic decision as the development of the behavior of individuals, groups and make development strategies inappropriate time and at necessary such as change management.
- Leads to effective and appropriate organization structure which helps in distribution of individuals while clarifying task the tasks, terms, the powers, and responsibilities of the organization to achieve the required objectives.
- Encouraging the employees to be more attentive motivates them to be more his makes them loyal and will try towards the achievement of the required goals. (Beardwell & Claydon,2007).
What use will you make of your learning to help your organization achieve its optimal effectiveness
- Growing the worker’s morale through increased teamwork and cooperation.
- Help ineffective group formation and distribution of tasks within the departments and areas of specialization to limit the centralization of decision-making.
- Help the organization work towards effective detection of mistakes and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Promotion of effective human relations while within the job environment to foster good working relations among the employees.
- Encourage an all-inclusive decision-making process in the organization, group solution of problems and creation of cohesion in the organization.
- Making a good relationship with others by using all communication tools in the organization.
- Beardwell, Julie & Claydon, Tim (2007) Human Resource Management: A Contemporary Approach. 4th ed. Harlow: Prentice Hall Financial Times.
- Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2013). Organizational Behavior .15th ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc.
Personal Experience 2:35 a. m. Even though it was something that I had experienced before, the pain still took me my surprise. And it was only the beginning. I had finally fallen asleep around midnight. My parents had come down to Indiana for a weekend visit and we had stayed up a little late enjoying […]
1. Describe your personal experience of God and the apprehension of God you derived from scriptural, theological, and historical beginnings. Throughout history, people developed the thought of a higher being, who is referred to as ‘god ‘ in general. Some people merely deny the being of God or any other religious being. And other people […]
I work in a private nursery setting full time as an early year’s practitioner in the baby room. When relating to personal experiences in my assignment I will change all names to ensure confidentiality is maintained. I have carried out a number of observations to support my work and have received written permission from the […]
Stress is a nervous tension that no one wants to experience. However, stressful experiences are part of our lives and as much as we try to avoid stress, it is important to learn from stressful experiences and be ready to overcome current ones. My most nerve racking experience occurred in my mother’s medical office where […]
Being a nurse had always been my dream and now that I have finished studying in Los Angeles Mission College, I am ready to take the next step. I have heard a lot of good things about West Coast University and based on the information I gathered, the quality of education they offer is one […]
In the quote selected, it speaks volumes to life in general. Our common experience theme this year was innovation. This quote fits in perfectly with the theme because it is saying that in life the possibilities are endless. Even when you believe nothing more can be done, there is always more options. This is significant […]
I have had the opportunity to experience firsthand the fields of Science and Health. Since I was a kid, I have looked up to my uncle as a role model. He is a Transplant Physician at an Academic Institution in the USA and he helped me solidify my passion for science and the importance of […]
On October 19, 2019 at around 12:00 PM I experienced one, if not the most traumatic events I have had in my lifetime. It was one of the first rainfalls of the season and I was on Stony Point Road heading home from after getting a haircut at my usual barber lounge. Being aware that […]
Introduction Leading a multinational organization is challenging. To be to rule effectively, leaders; Are supposed to formulate corporate and vision. Work with national and local leaders. Understanding the cross cultures. Leading a multinational organization is characterized by a number challenges owing to the diversities that exist within territorial boundaries and cultural differences. As a leader […]
As a white American and relatively young person, I have had many opportunities to meet and interact with many people who came from different cultural background. In my home town, the area is inhabited by people from different ethnic and cultural background and I have therefore been brought up in a culturally diverse environment where […]
After completion of my Bachelors Degree in Finance, in the year June 2012, from the University of California –Berkeley, I applied for a line of work with the Bank of America as a Personal Banker. Subsequently, in July 2012, I was invited for an interview with the Bank and took it and assuredly I had […]
My Life Goals and Things That Changed a Lot I am very proud to share my aspects of my progressive life that has made me to desire becoming a nursing practitioner. My ambition to become a nursing practitioner is an idea which came accidentally to my mind. In May 2001, I was in involved in […]
My Short Autobiography My early life as a child consisted of basically two things: trying to repair/examine a few home appliances and machines and spending many hours driving my elder relatives and guardians insane with a bombardment of queries about the same machines and appliances. Typically, I would ask things along the lines of, “How […]
Leadership Skills and Experience I have had the chance to lead troops in the in the Korean intelligence forces. The opportunities allowed me to develop leadership skills which would be helpful in my next phase of assignment. I gain the ability to strategic thinking which helped the departments to plan their activities long before time. […]
Academic and Career Goals From the past, engineering has been and still remains my field of interest. In particular, the aerospace engineering has attracted my interest, and it has made me to seek the necessary knowledge in class and out of class to get the practical skills. I desire to pursue a career in the […]
Education is a very vital tool for survival and interactions between people in our contemporary societies. A positive change in one’s learning and growth means good moral, knowledge and value addition in one’s life. Therefore, this paper seeks to underscore a life transformation experience with twoneedy students and a personal experience during an inclusion program […]
This essay is a personal statement on my personal goals and objectives for completion of this course in the field of pharmacy. This reasons and drive towards the desire to take up the courses is my personal reasons for career development and advancement at my current place of work, coupled with the immense desire I […]
Throughout my life have always been intrigued to understand and relate on how to solve related health problems around me that explain why when my neighbor was sick in the middle of the night I was able to assist with first aid at a very tender age and impressed everyone. Ever since I have learned […]
Personal SWOT Analysis Strengths · I have acquired bachelor degree c in physical therapy. · Currently pursuing master’s degree in healthcare administration. · I have innovate and creative skills. · Clear and good communication skills. · I am excellent in interacting with people. · I have fresh skills and knowledge from college. · I easily […]
As part of my personal request for joining GW School of Business, I have justifiable reasons that inspire my belief that I do not require completing GMAT exams. One primary reason relates to the fact that throughout my education life, I have achieved sufficient capabilities that depict my excellent qualitative, analytical as well as verbal […]
Moving to the United States from Russia at the age of thirteen, I was faced with a culture shock. This was a different environment with different culture and language. I had to struggle to fit into this new society. I had to learn the language and the thinking of the people. I also had to […]
Awareness of the nature of acute patient care I am interested in applying for a Position Health Care Support Worker Band 2 in Barts NHS. My motivation towards pursuing this course is solely driven by the zeal to secure a career from a reputable organization within the healthcare industry. I managed to attain a grade […]