“We will test the assumption that consumption of fish or long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 LC-PUFAs) provides primary protection against cardiovascular disease.”
Inductive conclusion must always be held to be true and can not change; deductive conclusions can change based on new observations. 2) Match the following chemists with their major discoveries. You may use the same chemist more than once to correctly answer this question.
1) Discovered the charge/mass ratio of the electron
2) Proposed the modern structure of the atom
3) Determine the charge on the electron
4) Proposed the “Plum Pudding” model for the atom
5) Directed alpha particles at a gold foil to gain an understanding of the structure of the atom
1) Same number of protons, neutrons, and electrons
2) Same number of electrons and neutrons; different number of protons
3) Isotopic mass of 27
4) Three (3) more electrons than protons
5) Same number of electrons as Ne-20
2) Law of Definite Proportion
3) Atomic Theory of Matter
4) Periodic Table
5) Discoverer of Oxygen
Note: the formula for the volume of a sphere is (4/3)π(radius)3 and the formula for density is: density = mass/volume
1. Elements are made of atoms.
2. Chemicals react in definite whole-number ratios.
3. Discovery of the electron
4. Matter is composed of elements
5. The Periodic Table of the Elements
a) The Ti2+ ion contains 22 protons and 24 electrons.
b) The I- ion contains 53 protons and 54 electrons.
c) The Mg2+ ion contains 14 protons and 12 electrons.
d) The O2- ion contains 8 protons and 10 electrons
The O2- ion contains 8 protons and 10 electrons
the average sum of the protons and the neutrons for all the naturally-occurring isotopes
Note: the formula for the volume of a sphere is (4/3)π(radius)3