Poor Study Habits: Hindrance to Academic Excellence Essay

essay B
  • Words: 5428
  • Category: College

  • Pages: 20

Get Full Essay

Get access to this section to get all the help you need with your essay and educational goals.

Get Access

De La Salle University – Dasmarinas College of Business Administration In Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for ENGL103 POOR STUDY HABITS: HINDRANCE TO ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Almario, Geraldine Bagalayos, Maria Venus Bajar, Ruth Diama, Irene Myka Escasinas, Vilma Professor Imelda Stuckle Chapter I – Introduction Rationale, Introduction and Environment of the Study

Ever since Spanish Era prevailed, Filipinos had been become attached and greatly affected by the mark left onto everyone; the popular so – called “Manana Habit” which spontaneously came across into everyone’s daily lives that for many, for sure a big cause of having a hard time focusing on some works on a certain day or schedule. Apparently, it had been generation by generation that young adults mostly in collegiate stage perform these habits naturally despite of knowing its very root effect; having low or even failing grades.

As for this matter, students who are significantly concerned regarding grades and class standing are now rapidly gaining numbers, and for one cause; poor/ bad study habits. It is indeed that majority know that tertiary level has far more different grading system other than in high school or in elementary. Regarding of the percentage, attendance which seems for others a simple and not so important matter even lined up with major exams and quizzes.

Though it may be only 10%, it must be still considered for coming across into it, which says that “problems start with smaller ones being unsettled”, means that upon losing it, even rather a means of losing so much (pertaining to quizzes and exams not taken due to this matter). Thus, the main factor contributing to it is laziness in cooperation of tardiness; which only pertains to some of the different habits causing someone to fail. And according to an article written by Naomi Rockler-Gladen, there are ten bad study habits that college students often develop in which she show some introductory details about these. . Poor Attendance. -This may be the most common student mistake– and the most unavoidable. 2. Poor Notetaking Skills. – Unfortunately, many students come to college without having mastered this critical skill. 3. Poor Time Management Skills. – Many college students are overwhelmed with multiple academic and other responsibilities. 4. Last Minute Work. -If you write a paper at the last minute, it shows. Having you in cramming situation. 5. Procrastination. -Of course, the issue of last minute work is related to procrastination especially with so many distractions like Facebook and video games around campus. . Failure to Read Directions. – It’s plenty frustrating to work hard on assignment and receive a low grade because you failed to follow instructions. 7. Over-reliance on Other Students. -Asking a friend to take notes for you when you’re absent is a risk you should only take when absolutely necessary. 8. Over-reliance on the Internet. -The Internet has made student research so much easier than it was a decade ago. 9. Plagiarism – In most cases, plagiarism occurs because a student has a looming deadline and panics. 10. Failure to Ask for Help. Professors and TAs probably aren’t going to seek out students who need help– but that doesn’t mean help isn’t available. Cited above are just some of the numerous excuses of many students particular as it is whenever a certain college student received a red mark. They or even the researchers themselves (the reason why this topic had been chosen) develop these unhealthy traits is mainly because of their emotional behavior that they often think that when a certain school work or a project had been given, difficulties in mind and in application mostly come aboard, causing them to neglect focusing on it.

Instead, they spend time sleeping, watching, surfing internet until midmorning, handing gadgets and playing online games. Or in particular is trying to study with the TV or radio on, or when other people are in the room. All these things provide distractions and mean that it will be only unlikely to fully retain the facts and figures that there is the desire to learn or perhaps falling into the trap of only studying sporadically or simply giving up after just fifteen minutes. Yet, there is always a solution to every circumstance on the rocky road for everyone to overcome it.

Especially of that what matters here is about education mainly in the tertiary level that those views of certain number of students afflicted by these manners must be rightfully being informed of it and be advised of something worthwhile to avoid and even overcome it for the benefit of their studies and future lives. B. Statement of the Problem This study in the poor study habits as hindrance to academic excellence of CBA students is conducted with the aim of answering the following questions: 1.

What are the poor study habits of CBA Students of De La Salle University of Dasmarinas? 2. Why do students continue having these habits? 3. How will the Students overcome their poor study habits? C. Scope and Limitation This study is focused on selected poor study habits of CBA students namely tardiness, sleeping, social networking, lack of attention, late submission of requirements, cramming, lack of effort and cheating. Reasons for having said bad habits will also be determined in this study. These reasons will be limited to peer pressure, habitual, laziness and on andwagon effect only. 100 CBA students, 25 from each of its departments regardless of their age, gender and year level will be used as respondents. The number of respondents is divided equally by the four departments of the college — Business Management Department (BMD), Marketing Department (MKD), Allied Business Department (ABD) and Accountancy Department (ACD) so as to ensure fair output distribution from the surveys to be issued as well as efficient and well-presented data. This study will be limited to the responses of the chosen sample. D. Significance of the Study

This study aims to increase the awareness of students, professors, parents and other researchers about the poor study habits of students, reasons for having these habits as well as the effects these habits implies to the academic performance of the students. College Students specifically in BA Courses • Students especially those in BA Courses can gain knowledge on how poor study habits hinder the improvement and excellence in academe. Through this increased awareness, corresponding self-assessment may be made by students which may lead them to take necessary actions to reform and to later on improve and excel in their studies.

Professors • This study can help professors and instructors of different colleges in determining the reasons for poor academic performance of their students. Careful integration of the results of this study to specific conditions of their students can help generate plans to be used to help their students in their improvement. Parents and Guardians • Through this study, parents will be informed and aware of the poor study habits of teens today. Necessary precautions and actions can be implemented by them to reverse the attitudes, actions and views of their children toward their studies.

It would serve as their guide in disciplining their children especially those who are in college. Other Researchers • This study can be a basis of information that other researchers can use for further data gathering of similar studies. E. Definition of Terms Habits – an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary. Manana Habit – is something that we have learned from the Spaniards. The word means “tomorrow” or “specified future time”. “Procrastination” in plain english. “Mamaya na” in Filipino.

Mediocrity – averageness: ordinariness as a consequence of being average and not outstanding. Cramming – In education, cramming (also known as mugging) is the practice of working intensively to absorb large volumes of informational material in short amounts of time. Students in preparation for upcoming exams often do it. … Procrastination – refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision.

Plagiarism – a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work. Attitude – is a hypothetical construct that represents an individual’s degree of like or dislike for an item. Attitudes are generally positive or negative views of a person, place, thing, or event. Sporadically – In an occasional, infrequent, or irregular manner. Chapter II – Review of Related Literature The researchers of this study referred from different books, articles from different newspapers and other sources from the internet, which served to guide the design and respective process of this study. A.

Foreign Literature In the writing of Naomi Rockler-Gladen, a writer and a professor from the Colorado State University, listed some common study skill mistakes that students make. Those, specifically, are the bad study habits that the students often develop. She had entitled her article as “Poor College Study Habits”. According to Gladen, learning how to study successfully in college is a challenge for most of the students because, according to her, college is far more difficult than high school, which is very true indeed. In her article, the most basic study habit that brings students to fail is poor in attendance.

Gladen said, this is yet unavoidable, but attendance is mandatory in surviving in college. Gladen also mentioned that, students often fail when they fail to take down notes. Unfortunately, she said, many students come to college without having mastered this critical skill. Generally, taking down notes serves as one of the foundations of students’ learning, which is that it associates active listening and participation. Other habits that the students make are poor in time management, cramming, failure to read instruction, over-reliance to other students and Internet and etc. which is shown in her article. B. Local Literature The other countries are not just the only ones who take notice of the effect that poor study habits bring to the students, but also literally here in our country. It is taken generally that one of the reasons why students fail is that they made use of different gadgets instead of studying. This was being taken in concern by an article in Manila Bulletin which was entitled “Dep-Ed clarifies ban on cell phones in class room (2009)”. The article basically is talking about the reasons why Dep-Ed has to ban the usage of cell phones inside the classrooms.

According to Dr. Teresita Inciong, DepEd Assistant Secretary, ringing cell phones not only disturb the class but they can also cause a student to fail his class. She said, texting while in class distracts the students from understanding the lessons. It is also considered, according to Inciong, that this might also be one of the tools that students will use to cheat during examinations. Cheating in general perspective was preventing the students to learn and understand every lesson. That is why, to prevent those, Dep-Ed are prohibiting students to use cell phones inside the class room.

C. Foreign Study Aisha Riaz, Asma Kiran and Niaz Malikm, students from the University of Agriculture in Pakistan, conducted a study which was entitled “Relationship of Study Habits with Educational Achievements (2002)”. The study was primarily concerned with the low understanding of students in terms of academics which inevitably was accompanied by their discouraging achievements. According to the study, teachers teach all students collectively but all students do not get the same grades.

There may be a number of reasons like different levels of intelligence, non-availability of sufficient physical facilities etc. But, according to it, one of the reasons is that the students fail to make good efforts to learn the lesson taught in the classroom. That is why, the researchers of this study focused in investigating the correlation between the students’ study habits and their educational achievements. The study basically made use an interview in gathering information, while aiming at the determination of the effect of the study habits on the students’ achievements.

The researchers associated with 150 students taking up B. Sc. Home Economics and M. Sc. Home Economics in conducting the interview. Resulted in their study was a positive relationship between achievements of the students and the said factors like schedule of study, habit of notes taking and writing back. Different tables show the respective information about the relationship of the two. D. Local Study According to the study conducted by Candy Carmen M. Balverde, Raciel B. Diaz, Lovelyn S. Lara and Janette R.

Martillos entitled “Attitudinal problems met by the De La Salle University-Dasmarinas teachers with their students School Year 1995-1996,” teachers are often exposed with a number of problems in dealing with their students. These problems are mainly attributed to the mentality of the students which are manifested through their attitudes toward their studies. Evidently, the said problems will have certain effects on their academic performance. The study utilized a descriptive survey method in order to describe the attitudinal problems met by the De La Salle University-Dasmarinas teachers with their students. 0% of full time teachers from every department which totals to 80 persons were used as the respondents The result of the study tells that if the students are disciplined and responsible enough when it comes to their attitudes and studies, effective and productive learning shall occur. Thus, low frustration level on the part of the teacher and the students can be expected. Good communication between students and teachers should also be built to make classroom discussions more interesting and lively as well as to ensure better and interactive learning.

Proper guidance of the teachers is also essential for the students to be better achievers. Chapter III – Materials and Methods Sampling Design The sample used in this study is derived from the population of CBA students of De La Salle Universtity – Dasmarinas. From the estimated population of the students, 100 students were selected. This sample is comprised of 25 students from each of the four (4) departments of the college: BMD, MKD,ACD and ABD. , regardless of their age, gender and year level. Research Design Quantitative approach was integrated by researchers in the study.

Survey-questionnaire method was used by researchers for according to their view, it is the easiest and most effective way to gather information from their respondents. Collection of Data Materials used to highlight the focus of the studies were books, magazines and newspapers, related studies or thesis and articles coming from online sources and in the library area which provides vivid information. And to greatly support the study, coming from the scope of it, selected CBA Students are being surveyed and yet the survey form is created for a number of 100 students each subdivided to departmentalize courses of BA Students.

Each of the selected students was given a piece of an answering form listing questions about those poor study habits and how these reflect their grades. Regarding the grades reflected, such rating is given as choices; |High |86 – 100 | |Average |70 – 85 | |Low |Below 70 |

Chapter IV- Results and Discussion The questionnaire that was used in gathering data was composed of ten (10) questions. Nine (9) of which was, supposedly, to be answered by yes or no, considering the condition that when a student comply with the said circumstances, he or she was expected to include what grade does he or she get in doing so. Legend was provided in knowing the respective arrangement of grades (high, average and low). The tenth question was in the form of multiple choice, allowing the respondents to answer as many options as they would prefer.

Every answer would be associated with respective percentage which would be used in interpreting the data. Business Management Department Table 1. 1 and Figure 1. 1 shows the information that was gathered from the students under the Business Management Department. Twenty-five (25) students were randomly appointed to answer the questionnaires. Accordingly, the findings were as follows: a) 68% of the students said that they have never been late in the class, while 32% confirms they were. 4% of which says they get high grade, 24% get an average grade and the remaining 4% get low grade. ) Majority or 80% of the respondents do not sleep in the class, while the remaining 20% honestly said they were, and which are telling that all of them get an average grade. c) 44% of the respondents do not prefer online gaming instead of studying, but majority or 56% said that they do. 52% gets average and 4% said they get low grade. d) The minorities of only 24% do not prefer social networking than studying. But, the majority or 76% were at practice. 4% said that they get high grade in doing so, 60% gets an average grade and 12% get low grade. ) 60% of the respondents do not lack attention during the class hours, but the remaining 40% said they were. 4% of them told that they get high grade, 32% get an average grade and 4% get low grade. f) Majority of 92% said that they do not submit their requirements late, and the rest or 8% do. 4% of which get an average grade and 4% get low grade. g) A minority of 8% do not cram especially during exams, but majority of 92% said they do. 12% of them said they get high grade, 76% get an average grade, and the rest of 4% get low grade. ) 72% of the respondents do not lack the effort in studying, but the remaining 28% said they do. 16% of them get an average grade and 12% get low grade. i) Only 28% do not cheat, while the rest or 72% cheat. 28% of them said that they get high grade in doing so, 40% get an average grade, and only 4% said they get low. Accordingly, overall, the primary reason why the students do such is because of laziness, which got a percentage of 36. 28% said that they just cannot avoid it, 24% said that they just conform to others and the remaining 12% said that their peers pressured them. Accountancy Department Table 2. and Figure 2. 1 shows the information that was gathered from the students under the Accountancy Department. Twenty-five (25) students were randomly appointed to answer the questionnaires. Accordingly, the findings were as follows: a. 19 out of 25 respondents or 76% says that they have never been late while 6 of them or 24% had been late and get an average grade. b. 18 or 76% says they never sleep during class discussions while the remaining 7 or 28% of the respondents admit that they sleep during class discussions in which 3 or 12% of them get a low grade, 1 or 4% get an average grade and 3 or 12% get a high grade. . 19 or 76% says they were not engaged on online gaming while 6 or 24% spent their time on online games in which 4 or 16% get an average grade and 2 or 8% get a high grade. d. 14 or 56% says they do not spent their time on social networking while 11 or 44% prefer surfing the net instead of studying their lessons in wherein 1 of them or 4% get a low grade, 8 or 32% get an average grade and 2 or 8% get a high grade. e. 2 or 48% of the students say they do not lack attention on their professors while 13 or 52% admit they prefer to chat with their seatmates than listening to their professors in which 2 or 8% get low grades, 9 or 36% get average grades and 2 or 8% get high grades. f. Majority of the respondents, 23 or 92% submit their requirements on time while the remaining 2 or 8% submit their requirements late and get an average grade. g. Only 2 or 8% of the respondents do not cram during exams while the rest of them, 23 or 92% experience cramming during exams in which 2 or 4% get low grades, 16 or 64% get an average grade and 6 or 24% get high grades. . 20 or 80% say they do not give up if the lesson is difficult while 5 or 20% of them tend to give up or they had lack of effort especially when the lesson is difficult in which 2 or 8% get low grades and 3 or 12% get an average grade. i. Lastly, 4 or 16% of the respondents say they never cheat while 21 or 84% of them commit cheating in wherein 2 or 8% get low grades, 11 or 44% get an average grade and 8 or 32% get high grades. The Figure 2. 2 and Table 2. 2 represent the students’ attitudes towards doing the poor study habits. 1 or 44% said that students could not avoid doing such habits for it is already part of their system. 5 or 20% have an attitude of laziness. 3 or 12% said that everybody is doing it and they had just followed the trend. 2 or 8% gave in to peer pressure in doing the poor study habits. From here, it can be said that majority of the students from accountancy department do not practice bad study habits and have good attitudes toward their studying. Marketing Department Table 4. 1 and Figure 4. 1 shows the information that was gathered from the students under the Marketing Department.

Twenty-five (25) students were randomly appointed to answer the questionnaires. Accordingly, the findings were as follows: a. The first one shows their punctuality matter wherein 13 out of 25 (Since the respondents are 25 out of 100 target respondents being equally divided) or 52% justify that they have never been late ever while though still at an average mark, 11 or 44% reveal that they have been frequently late and then only 1 or . 04% maintain a high grade though he/she had been late. b.

As for the manner of sleeping during class hours, 11 persons or 44% say that they do so but achieve an average grade while 14 or 56% of them say that they never insist to sleep. c. In terms of addiction to games particularly online games, 18 or 72% say no to this whereas the remaining 2 or. 08% get high grades despite of being one of these but then 5 or 20% of them receive low grades for being so. d. The fourth one is about social networking wherein 7 or 28% say they never visit a website while 16 or 64% still get average grade even though they spend most time to social networking but then 2 or . 8% receive low grades for doing so. e. As for having attention to professors at front, 15 or 60% of the respondents are in lieu to this while 1 or 4% achieve high grades despite of not listening and 3 or 12% got an average grade and for low grade achievers ranges 6 or 24%. f. Regarding to submission of requirements, 21 or 84% have it on time while only 4 or 16% have not. g. On the days of examinations, only 2 or 8% do not experience cramming, and for those who are experiencing, 4 or 16% get high grades, 17 or 68% get an average one and 2 or 8% only get low. . Almost everyone wherein 20 or 80% do not give up even though the lessons seem to be very difficult for only 1 or 4% get high grades depending on others while the remaining 4 or 8% achieve average grades. i. The last thing is the major offense for termination of student, cheating. 11 respondents or 44% say they never thought of doing such thing while 1 or 4% did it and get high grades and the rest, 13 or 52% get an average grade for doing so. As for the results showed in Figure 4. 2 and Table 4. , the greatest factor that contributes to have these students portray poor study habits is laziness; the number one cause or means to academic disturbance is 44%. Next to it was due to their system that they just cannot avoid it that easily and it averaged to 32%. The remaining two reasons were peer pressure of about 16% and bandwagon system which is only 8%. Overall evaluation for the Marketing Department students shows still majority of them are not greatly affected or being distracted by the threats and temptations of poor study habits. Allied Business Department

Table 3. 1 and Figure 3. 1 show the information that was gathered from the students under the Allied Business Department. Twenty-five (25) students were randomly appointed to answer the questionnaires. Accordingly, the findings were as follows: a. About 9 out of 25 or 36% are tardy, of which 8 or 32% of it get an average grade and 1 or 4% get a high grade, while 16 or 64% do not come to school late. b. 13 or 52% sleeps in class, of which 12 or 48% of it get an average grade and 1 or 4% get low grade, while 12 or 48% do not sleep in class. c. or 16% are hooked to online gaming of which 3 or 12% of it get an average grade and 1 or 4% get a low grade, while 21 or 84% do not spend time on playing online games. d. 11 or 44% spends more time in social networking than studying. 8 or 32% get an average grade, 2 or 8% get a high grade and 1 or 4% get a low grade, while 14 or 56% do not spend time in social networking. e. 10 or 40% lack attention in class who would rather chat with their seatmate instead of listening to their professors. 8 or 32% get an average grade, 1 or 4% get a high grade and another 1 or 4% get a low grade while 15 or 60% will pay full attention in class. . 15 or 60% submit the requirements late and gets an average grade while 10 or 40% submit all the requirements on time. g. 20 or 80% cram during examination of which 14 or 56% get an average grade, 5 or 20% get a high grade, and 1 or 4% get a low grade, while 5 or 20% study ahead of examinations. h. 8 or 32% lack in exerting effort to study hard and tend to give up when the lesson is hard. 6 or 24% of it get an average grade and 2 or 8% get a low grade, while 17 or 68% persist to study even if the lesson is hard. i. 3 or 52% favor to cheat of which 11 or 44% get an average grade and 1 or 4% get a high grade and 1 or 4% get a low grade, while 12 or 48% do not cheat. Figure 3. 2 and Table 3. 2 represents the students’ attitudes towards doing the poor study habits. 16 or 64% said that students could not avoid doing such habits for it is already part of their system. 5 or 20% have an attitude of laziness. 3 or 12% said that everybody is doing it and they had just followed the trend. 1 or 4% gave in to peer pressure in doing the poor study habits.

All in all, it shows that the majority of the students coming from the Allied Business Department do not practice the poor study habits and for those who do practice the poor study habits nearly all got an average grade. College of Business Administration Table 5. 1 and Figure 5. 1 show the summation of the results presented in the preceding tables. a. The results show that majority of the respondents, 65% have never been late in the class and 35% of them often go to class late in which 1% get a low grade, 31% get an average grade and only 3% get a high grade. . 64% of the respondents never sleep during discussion hours but the remaining 36% do so hours in which 4% get low grades, 29% get average grades and 3% get high grades. c. It also shows that 69% prefer studying than playing online games while 31% waste most of their time playing online games wherein 4% of them get low grades, 25% get an average grade and 2% get high grades. d. 41% would rather study than surf the net but 69% spend most of their time on social networking wherein 7% get low grades, 47% get average grades and 5% get high grades. . Of the 100 respondents, 57% pay attention on class discussion while 43% chat with their seatmates. 7% get low grades, 31% get an average grade and 5% get high grades for doing so. f. 82% submit their requirements on time while 18% of them submit their requirements late, which imply that 1%get low grades, 17% get an average grade and none gets a high grade. g. Only 11% of the respondents has not yet experienced cramming or review the night before and/or on the actual day of examination. 89% of them have experienced doing so. % get low grades, 17% get an average grade and none gets a high grade. h. Majority of the respondents or 75% exercise enough effort to understand their difficult lessons. 25% of them lack effort. 7% gets low grades, 17% gets an average grade and only 1% gets a high grade. i. 34% of the respondents do not resort copying their classmate’s work if it is difficult to do while 25% of them cheat instead wherein 4% gets low grades, 44% gets an average grade and only 18% gets a high grade. Figure 5. 2 and Table 5. 2 show the over-all reasons for the poor study habits of CBA students.

The findings show that the primary reason for having these habits, which comprises 40%, is that students have been habituated in their wrong practices that they can no longer avoid doing so. Next to this, which is 31%, rooted their actions from laziness. 15% assumed that having poor study habits is fine since everyone else does so and only 10% reasoned peer pressure. With the above presented data, it can be said that the major poor study habits of the CBA students are cramming and cheating and that only few students are exposed to late submission of requirements.

These may be attributed to the idea that CBA students are somewhat inclined to getting fair grades. It is also found that the major reason for the continuity of their erroneous actions is that they have done repeatedly by them that these have been instilled to their system. V. Summary, Conclusions and Recommendation A. Summary This study attempted to determine the poor study habits of the CBA students as well as the possible reasons for continuing having these habits. The design used to this study is a quantitative research method wherein surveys were used to gather data. The research findings are as follows: The poor study of habits of CBA students as to frequency of execution are as follows: cramming, cheating, social networking, lack of attention, sleeping, tardiness, and online gaming. • It was found that the major poor study habits practiced by the CBA students are cramming and cheating. This may be associated to how the students give utmost importance to attaining decent grades. • The evidences show that minority of CBA students are exposed to late submission of requirements. From this, it can be said that CBA students are responsible enough in meeting their course requirements. The findings also show that majority of the CBA students are able to achieve average grades despite having poor study habits thus, making them think that it is acceptable to have these habits. Conclusions Based on the findings of this study, the following conclusions are drawn by the researchers: • A wrong study activity if practiced continuously will become a habit or a routine. When this happens, total elimination or even mere reformation would not be easily done. • Things done by the majority and things in trend or in fad is not always right. The views of others should not affect one’s value of his/her studies.

A firm stand point of one’s study. • Students must not be contented of being mediocre. Mediocrity acts as false motivation thus, hindering the students to strive for excellence. C. Recommendations As a result of analysis and interpretation of data, the researchers recommend the following: • Students should set “baby goals” and accomplish them through “baby steps”. Success will come gradually with hard work. Students won’t get good grades in the blink of an eye. For instance, if the student has a big test coming, it is better to review the lessons for the day after school than cram all the chapters in one sitting. The students must be able to redirect their attitudes toward studying. They must don’t see themselves as someone who is good-for-nothing or a failure. Instead, look at themselves as someone who can succeed. They must also believe that learning can be fun and grades do not define them. In the end, they will be the ones to benefit for the knowledge, experience and expertise gain from classroom activities. • The professors must motivate the students to acquire concrete techniques in improving their ways of studying such as reading books and solving analytic problems.

The change and adjustment would be a great help; therefore directing the academic activities of the learner must take place. There is a need for the faculty to guide the students for more active class participation to sharpen their mental outlook. • Parents should assist their children in their studies. This can be done by helping them to establish the right attitude for efficient and effective study habits and by reminding their children to lessen playing online games and social networking during study hours. The future potential researchers are vastly advise to broaden the study specifically the scope in which it will be expanded and so to include other reasons which drive the students to practice poor study habits. Moreover, in order to uphold vivid study, maximization of time approach is advisable. Bibliography Candy Carmen M. Balverde et al. , “Attitudinal and Academic Problems met by the De La Salle University-Dasmarinas Teachers with their Students School Year 1995-1996”, March 1997 Aisha Riaz, Asma Kiran and Niaz H.

Malik, “Relationship of Study Habits with Educational Achievements”, 2002 http://www. fspublishers. org/ijab/past-issues/IJABVOL_4_NO_3/18. pdf Angelo G. Garcia, “DepEd clarifies ban on cell phones in classroom”, 4 June 2009, http://mb. com. ph/node/205831 Simon Wright, “How to beat bad study habits in college “, http://www. helium. com/items/1163283-how-to-correct-bad-study-habits-to-get-good-exam-results Naomi Rockler-Gladen, “Poor College Study Habits”, 9 January 2008, www. suite101. com/… /college-student-study-mistakes-a40506 http://wiki. answers. com/Q/What_is_descriptive_research

Get instant access to
all materials

Become a Member
unlock