A computer must have a DVD drive in order to install Windows 8.
1. software that simulates the hardware of a physical computer
2. the overall structure an OS uses to name, store, and organize files on a volume
3. a utility to copy user data and settings from one computer to another
4. a server automatically installs a new image or OS upgrade to a computer when a user is not likely to be sitting at it
5. a copy of an entire hard drive that includes the Windows OS, drivers, and applications that are standard to all the computers that might use that copy
6. contains instructions for running essential hardware devices before an operating system is started
7. an installation that does not require a technician to respond to prompts by the setup program
8. contains a list of OS commands that are executed as a group
9. a command that provides encryption options and hard link management within USMT
10. used during an unattended installation
1. virtual machine
2. file system
3. Windows Easy Transfer
4. push automation
5. standard image
6. system BIOS
7. unattended installation
8. batch file
10. answer file
What versions of Windows 8.1 are valid in-place upgrade paths for a computer that has Windows 7 Starter edition on it? (Choose all that apply.)
Windows 8.1 Pro
What type of installation should you perform if you want to install a 64-bit version of Windows on a computer that already has a 32-bit OS installed?
What is the name for a partition that has been formatted and assigned a drive letter?
What type of OS should you install for best performance when you have enough RAM?
When a technician needs to start an image deployment, what version of Windows will be run on the target computer?
Which products are considered to be hypervisors?
The Master Boot Record (MBR) method of partitioning hard drives is limited to what maximum size of drives?
After installation, how many days do you have to activate Windows 7?
During the Windows 8.1 installation, what option must be selected in order to perform a clean install?
Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
If using a dual or multiboot configuration, what screen appears during the boot sequence?
boot loader menu
What is it called when software is used to simulate the hardware of a physical computer?
For some brand-name computers, the hard drive contains a partition that can be used to reinstall Windows. What is the name for this partition?