ch 7 INSY 3330
1) All of the following were popular types of online marketing before 2007 except:
2) Which of the following is not true about social marketing?
more than 50% of twitter’s ad revenues are generated by desktop users
3) The second most popular social network in terms of average minutes per visitor is:
4) By 2018, it is estimated that advertisers will be spending ________ on mobile marketing.
D) $70 billion
5) In 2016, spending on social marketing will almost triple the amount spent on mobile marketing.
6) By 2016, it is expected that spending on mobile marketing will surpass the amount spent on local online marketing.
7) Over 80% of Facebook’s ad revenue is generated by its mobile audience.
9) Which of the following is primarily known for blogs?
10) Which of the following is the first step in the social marketing process?
C) fan acquisition
11) Encouraging users to click a Like button is an example of which step in the social marketing process?
12) Facebook News Feeds include all of the following except:
13) Which of the following statements about Facebook Exchange is not true?
C) It is a social search engine.
14) Ads that appear in a Facebook user’s News Feeds are called:
C) Page Post Ads.
15) How many hours a month does the average Facebook user spend on Facebook?
16) Which of the following is a history of your actions on Facebook?
17) Which of the following statements is not true?
B) The only way to access Facebook from a mobile device is to use a mobile app.
18) All of the following marketing tools on Facebook require payment except:
A) Brand Pages.
19) The ratio of impressions to fans is a measure of:
D) fan acquisition.
20) Which of the following provides marketers with a real-time digital dashboard so they can see tweet activity about a TV show, commercial, or brand?
21) Which of the following involves a coupon or other promotional offer that appears in users’ Twitter timeline?
D) Lead Generation Card
22) Which of the following statements about Pinterest is not true?
D) Pinterest is the only one of the major social networks that does not accept paid advertising.
23) Which of the following are features of both Pinterest and Twitter?
24) All of the following are Pinterest marketing tools except:
D) Promoted Accounts
25) The number of people exposed to pins is a measure of which of the following?
D) fan acquisition
26) Which of the following is an online service specifically aimed at measuring the impact of Pinterest and other visual social media?
27) Which of the following is another term for amplification?
28) All of the following are examples of dark social except:
29) Facebook’s share price fell dramatically after its IPO because investors feared that:
D) Facebook would be unable to increase advertising revenues fast enough to justify its price.
30) Which of the following allows Facebook to track user behavior on other sites and then sell the information to marketers?
B) Like button
31) Which of the following is not true about Facebook News Feed Page Post Ads?
C) They cannot contain links.
32) Which of the following is a micro-blogging social network site that allows users to send and receive 140-character messages?
33) Companies are not permitted to collect personal information from children under the age of ________ without parental consent.
34) Which of the following was the object of the FTC’s highest penalty for a COPPA violation to date?
B) W3 Innovation
35) Which of the following is most similar to Pinterest?
36) Which social marketing proved the most effective for ExchangeHunterJumper.com?
37) Which of the following refers to the number of interactions among members of a group and reflects the “connectedness” of the group, even if these connections are forced on users?
C) social density
38) Which of the following refers to those forms of social sharing that occur off the major social networks, through alternative communication tools?
B) dark social
39) Which of the following is a real-time bidding system that allows advertisers to target their ads to specific users based on personal information provided by Facebook?
40) Which of the following allows a user to buy products directly on its site and pay with Apple Pay?
41) Which of the following involves using a variety of tools to encourage users to interact with content and brand?
42) Which of the following involves using the inherent strength of social networks to encourage visitors and fans to share their Likes and comments with friends?
43) Which of the following is a Facebook feature that allows app developers to integrate their apps into the Facebook pages of users who sign up for the app?
D) Open Graph
44) Visitors spend more time on Facebook than any other social network site.
45) Facebook’s Search functionality includes everyone’s public posts, Likes, photos, and interests, and makes them available to all users of Facebook, even those who are not friends
46) Facebook does not sell display ads.
47) Brand pages on Facebook typically attract more visitors than a brand’s website.
48) Promoted Trends is Twitter’s version of Google’s Ad Words.
49) Pinterest’s visitors are predominantly women.
50) In 2016. Millennials represent 70% of Snapchat’s monthly active U.S. users.
55) Which of the following is not true about mobile marketing?
D) People use most of their mobile minutes while they are on the go.
56) Which of the following is the top app in terms of both audience size and share of time spent?
57) How many retail-oriented apps are among the top 25 apps?
58) Which of the following statements is not true?
A) Google is the leading display ad site on mobile devices.
59) Which of the following is the most popular use for mobile devices?
60) According to a recent National Federation of Retailers survey, what percentage of tablet users plan to purchase anything with their tablets?
C) around 33%
83) A cell phone’s GPS is accurate to within five feet of the actual location of the phone.
82) Eddystone is an open-source standard for beacon technology.
81) Google uses which of the following to build a global database of wireless access points and their geographic locations?
B) Street View cars
80) Which of the following is the leading location-based mobile ad format?
A) search ads
79) Apple’s iBeacon uses which of the following technologies?
78) Which of the following is the leading location-based marketer?
77) Macy’s deployed which of the following technologies in many of its retail stores in 2014?
76) Which of the following is currently a small part of the online marketing universe, but is expected to triple over the next five years?
B) location-based mobile marketing
72) SMS text messaging generates most mobile marketing spending.
71) Smartphones are the fastest growing and largest source of m-commerce revenues.
70) It is expected that by 2020, m-commerce will account for almost 50% of all e-commerce in the retail and travel industries.
69) According to a recent National Federation of Retailers survey, consumers are more likely to use tablets rather than smartphones for all of the following except:
C) redeem coupons.
68) Which of the following statements about BLE is not true?
A) Only Apple iPhones can use BLE.
67) Which of the following technologies has Apple adopted in its hardware for Apple Pay?
66) ________ is the leading mobile retailer in the United States.
65) Which of the following is not a major provider of mobile display advertising?
64) Which of the following accounts for the most mobile ad spending?
B) search engine advertising
63) In 2016, mobile marketing will be about ________% of all online marketing.
62) Around how many apps do users regularly use a month?
61) Which of the following accounts for the most time people spend using a mobile device?
C) listening to music
Get access to
MOney BackBecome a Member
Guarantee No Hidden
Guarantee No Hidden