Chapter One HRS 351
15. The process of acquiring, deploying, and retaining a workforce of sufficient quantity and quality to create positive impacts on the organization’s effectiveness is called ________.
16. Which of the following statements is true regarding staffing?
B. The staffing process is composed of a series of interrelated parts including recruitment, selection, decision making and job offers.
17. The process that involves the placement of new hires on the actual job they will hold is called ___________.
18. The purpose of retention systems is to __________.
C. Manage the flow of employees out of the organization
19. Staffing systems exist, and should ultimately be used, to __________.
D. Contribute to the attainment of organizational goals such as survival, profitability, and growth
36. According to the staffing quantity model, an organization will be __________ when availabilities exceed requirements.
37. The staffing quantity model uses _________ to determine whether a condition of being overstaffed, fully staffed, or understaffed exists
D. A and B are both needed
38. Which of the following are portions of person-job match?
D. All of the above
39. Which of the following statements is false regarding person-job match?
C. Organizational culture is an important aspect of person-job match.
42. In terms of the person/organization match ________.
C. there is a concern with the “fit” of people to multiple jobs or future jobs
44. The staffing system components model says that the phases of the staffing process occur in which order after the initial interaction between the applicant and the organization?
B. recruitment, selection, employment
47. According to the overall staffing organizations model, HR and staffing strategy are driven by _____________.
A. the mission, goals and objectives of the organization
49. Which of these activities is most directly associated with the employment phase of the staffing process?
B. deciding on finalists for a job
50. Staffing system management involves _________.
C. guiding, coordinating, controlling, and evaluating staffing activities
63. The ___________ is composed of more peripheral workers who are used on an as-needed, just-in-time basis.
C. flexible workforce
64. Outsourcing is _________.
D. moving a business process to another vendor
65. Organizations often __________ when they choose to ride out dips in demand for goods and services or to stockpile talent.
66. A _____________ staffing strategy is when organizations decide to go to locations where there are ample labor supplies
B. relocate system
Get access to
MOney BackBecome a Member
Guarantee No Hidden
Guarantee No Hidden