Should We Go To War With Iraq

Length: 1331 words

My two sources are :

* We should go to war with Iraq

* We shouldn’t go to war with Iraq

My first source is from an Atlanta newspaper which carried out a survey, and asked people if we should go to war with Iraq and 91 percent of the people said YES we should go to war, and the other 9 percent said NO to the idea of war. These people who said yes all had the same idea in which why we should go to war. They sayed yes because they think tat Iraq is responible for the September 11th attacks and that they should be ounished for what they have done! But the people that said no to the idea of war thought this because they didn’t want matters to get worse they it already are.

My second source is from from the newspaper called the ‘Kansas City Star.’ This newspaper also did a survey and asked if we should go to war with Iraq and 87 percent of the people replied NO, and the other 13 percent said Yes to the idea of war. The people that said no thought this because they don’t want any more people to be killed

Sorry, but full essay samples are available only for registered users

Choose a Membership Plan
in any of the countries and that America should just back off, until there is a reason for war. But the people that thought that we should go to war said that if we don’t do anything soon to stop it will be to late so it is better to be too early rather than too late!

The background information to this event could be because of two other events that occurred before. These incidents could be the attcks on the World Trade Centre ( September 11th ), another event could be thing that is going on now. That is the weapons inspection that is going on in Iraq. The reason that this could set of a war is because when the inspectors arrived they saw a nuclear warehouse full of weapons but when they went there again, all the weapons had ” Disappeared.” Now the Americans and the british are getting worried that the Iraqis are hiding it somewhere and they are gonna use them. So this is why America wants to go to war, in order to stop the attack. But I think that everyone else accept for George Bush knows that if they attack Iraq, then they will use their weapons on us.

Section 2: Argument Summarised

In my first source ( In Favor of war ), it says that we should go to war otherwise we will be attacked before we even realise it. Ths is what someone said to on of the surveyers:

” Stop Iraq before its too late. I had already lost someone in the World Trade Centre, and i do not want to lose anyone else. So I say that i am in favor in going to war with Iraq!”

This is what many people say in America. They are furious with Saddam Hussain for what he is doing to the world and what he has already done. I think that by people supporting the war they think that it will make the world a safer place ( if they win). I think that people are just putting this thought into their heads so it makes them feel better. It is the majority of men and some of the women that think this.

In my second source ( Not in favor of war ), it says that we shouldn’t go to war. These people think this because they realise what will happen if they do go to war with Iraq. They thought of what will happen to other people and what will happen to the families of those people. They are thinking of people other than themselves. Surprisingly, the 13 percent of people that said yes to war were nearly all children, while in the other source it was mostly the children that said no to war. I think it depends on how you were brought, and what you think. For example, if you were brought up in a family where the father hits women, you might grow up thinking that that is the right thing to do.

I think these views from these sources are important because this shows how views can change as you move around the country. This shows that some areas of one country can have different views to other parts of the country. But everyone knows for sure that Bush is preparing and maybe even start the war. Could this be the start of World War III ! I think that this is a question everyone in America is asking themselves.

Section 3: Bias and Opinons

I can only find one piece of evidence of bias, and i can only find it in the source about We should go to war. I think this source is bias towards America. I think this because America wants to go to war and so do all the people in he first source. This shows that they only want to support their country and they do not want to hear Iraqs side of the story.

This source is bias because it is only taken Americas side and only supporting George W Bush’s views, and it is not paying attention t what Iraq has to say and what will happen to it if we do go to war.

I don’t think that we should go to war with Iraq. I think this because if we do we won’t know what will happen in the future. We could start world war III, we could even destroy the world with the amount of destructive power we, no-one knows for sure. I think the whole idea of war is stupid, because we will be killing hundereds of innocent people for something that we think is true but may be just a opinion. So all i say is to hell with the war, and lets just live our lives.

Section 4: What Might Happen Later

The reason I think this event is important is because all over the world, it has affected peoples lives. It doesn’t matter country is in, it affects nearly everyone. These sorts of events can ruin peoples reputations and turn other people against them. For example:

George W Bush: this incident can ruin Bushs reputation because he is ready and prepared to go to war, so then other countries might see him as a monster who likes wars

Tony Blair: This could ruin Tony’s reputation because he is agreeing with everything Bush is saying so people might begin taking advantage of this.

Saddam Hussain: This already has ruined his reputation, now he known as a terrorist all over the world

In the future no-one knows what will happen. It is something we will have to cope with when it happens. I think that there might be a war but there could be a war between just America, Britain and Iraq. Or if America and Britain get support from the United Nations then it will be Iraq versus America and the whole of Europe! There are three possibilities of what will happen in the future. There are:

* World War III

* Hatred between all three countries (America, Britain, and Iraq)

* Peace between all countries

The possibility of World War III is not that high. The only way that World War III is possible is if the UN (United Nations) gets involved and supports The Allies. Then the whole of Europe is against Iraq.

The possibilities of America, Britain and Iraq all hating each other in the future is extremely high. This is because after all the attacks and deaths that Iraq has caused will affect this decision.

Now the possibilities of peace between America, Britain and Iraq is really, zero. After all that has happened there is no chance of peace between them. I think there will be an everlasting hate between them, even in the next generation, Iraqs reputation will be passed on through families for a long time.

Tagged In :

Get help with your homework

Haven't found the Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample For Only $13.90/page

Sarah from studyhippoHi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out