Essay On Scientific Method Essay
Case Study –is a really effectual method in bettering individual’s ability to analyse a state of affairs. set up premises. arrive at valid decisions. make up one’s mind on classs of action and visualize effects and consequences • A instance normally narrates the development of a state of affairs over an drawn-out period of clip • The analyst undertakings himself into the state of affairs and visualizes it as though he is personally involved • If the instance involves two or more individuals. the instance analyst assumes in sequence the function of each individual.
• This is done merely for better apprehension of the human dealingss aspect but besides to larn whether each individual acts in the better mode while the state of affairs was developing • Accordingly. the instance analysts will now cut down the likely impact any determination one party would hold on the others • The instance analyst follows the narrated development by placing and measuring the more of import factors and information needed for valid judgements • Relevant informations are carefully analyzed non merely to find whether there is a job but besides to happen out the company’s place in the industry – what others are making and how they are doing and the demand for corporate action for corporate benefits.
• As more instances are studied. a wide ‘exposure’ to different state of affairss is ‘experienced’ by the pupil. thereby advancing the development of endowment executive ability and assurance • Case survey is most utile as an exercising in analysis and determination devising • A instance is besides really enlightening because it presents much information peculiar to concern patterns and conditions Tips in Case Study Analysis Preparation 1. Read the assigned instance exhaustively and wholly.
• If possible. set the instance aside for a period of clip. • Then carefully re-read the instance one time or twice or even thrice • Try to acquire an accurate image in your head as to what is truly traveling on in that peculiar state of affairs 2. Make notes or sum-ups of pertinent information before continuing with your analysis • Lawyers call this ‘briefing’ a instance
• The process may be necessary in fixing direction instances if the information has been exhaustively assimilated • A principal trouble at this phase is to screen out the of import information from the informations of small significance 3. Formulate in composing a precise statement of the job • This is an analytical measure. non a descriptive one • It does non assist much to compose down a rehashed version of problem-type statements lifted from the instance informations.
• Try to province the job in such a manner to demo that person or persons must take some kind of action and why some sort of action must be taken at this peculiar clip 4. Choose the several alternate determinations or classs of action which can be taken • These are hypothesis which require probe.
5. Raise the inquiry which demands an reply • These are important inquiries which are the bosom of your analysis 6. Tentatively weigh the grounds and choose the hypothesis which can outdo be supported 7. Form the groundss so as to confirm your instance • Be certain to province your decisions clearly -o0o- Format/Structure in Case Analysis.
1. Specify the job Problem – is something that deviates from the normal • What is the chief job the director has to get the better of? • What is or should be normal in the instance and what is the divergence? • Are at that place any sub-problems that contribute to the chief job? • What are the issues at interest in the instance?
• It is to be noted that an obvious job is non ever the existent job. merely as a symptom is non the disease itself 2. Identify countries for consideration • Areas are normally concern or economic factors that are of import and have a bearing on the job or could impact possible solutions • Students should set their ‘thinking cap’ on. place what he considers relevant and province his ground for sing a peculiar factor relevant or of import • It is non plenty simply to give a listing of histrions indicated in the case-anybody can make that. • The pupil should be able to province why it is relevant and of import and why another factor is non 3. Determine alternate classs of action.
• There are two or three or more classs of action that could work out the job or take finally to a solution • The pupil should province the pros and cons or each class of action • He should marshal the statements for and against each • He should besides give the possible effects of taking each class of action • The instructor should admonish the pupil against work outing a job by making another – possibly bigger – job 4. Choose the class of action that leads to a solution • Among the options antecedently identified. which class of action would work out the job best?
• Sometimes the action chosen may non straight solve the job but could take to a possible solution • This should be recognized as valid and frequently. the realistic manner to assail a job • An ‘obvious’ solution is non needfully the right one GUIDELINES IN ANALYSING BUSINESS CASES Objectives of the Case Method 1. To do the pupil go more efficient and accurate in happening the cause and consequence of concern jobs. 2.
To develop the pupil go more inventive in explicating efficient and effectual solutions 3. To assist the pupil use his ain particular experience and to manage new state of affairss if he has little or no experience 4. To develop his accomplishment in interacting. collaborating and furthering closer working dealingss with his group members Basic Characteristics of a Good Case Analysis 1. It is based on peculiar situational facts 2. There is good apprehension and designation of the cardinal job.
3. The solution must be extremely originative and have the devisings of being practical and feasible under the given fortunes 4. The student’s place must be supported and defendable. Suggested Outline in Solving Business Cases 1. Time Context.
• Stipulate the clip context ( month and twelvemonth ) if the instance fact is expressed about it • The clip context should state us when the job was observed which requires the necessity of an action • A concern job necessitating an action in pre-martial jurisprudence yearss will hold a different action if it were to be tackled today • In short. a concern job will hold different solutions under different political and economic environment.
2. Point of view • In work outing concern jobs. the pupil must stipulate the point of view he is taking • It is ever based on the manager’s point of view • The president of a company will most probably have a different attack or solution from those of other company officers 3.
Statement of the job • This instabilities is caused by a alteration of one sort or another • A job could be answered by the inquiry – “what is incorrect that needs rectifying? ” • A concern instance may incorporate a assortment of issues or jobs. from the trivial to the important. from the irrelevant to the relevant • The pupil should concentrate his attending on the key or cardinal job • The riddance of the cardinal job will finally ensue in the riddance of other peripheral jobs • Stipulate what the job is by depicting it really accurately in footings of four dimensions: individuality. location. clip and extent 4. Areas of consideration/analysis.
• When the pupil has determined what he considers to be the cardinal jobs and has defined the aim. he must continue to form the facts around the possible causes of cardinal job • This requires the separation of the important countries from the unimportant 1s. and the relevant to the irrelevant • The analysis of each country must come from the personal sentiment of the analyst and non from the instance facts.
5. Alternate classs of action Options –are aggregations of what appear to be at the minute the best agencies of run intoing the person objectives • There are possible solutions to the job • In some instances. the options are clear ; in others. the pupil must explicate options appropriate to the job at manus • The pupil must non stay content with pre-determined options • He must endeavor for new and better solutions
• Options must be reciprocally sole • Significantly. an alternate must be able to stand entirely • Appraise the options and weigh their single strength and weaknesses • The pupil must do a probationary pick of the option which seems best to him • Assess the possible inauspicious effects of the alternate determination or recommendation.
• Look for possible countries where problem may happen if the recommendation or determination is implemented • For each prospective critical country. the pupil must germinate matching preventative and eventuality actions • If prospective serious countries could non be prevented. reexamine other options for concluding action 6. Recommendation.
• This is the concluding determination or recommended class of action • The pupil must be decisive • He must non avoid doing a concluding pick of the option which seems best to him • Inaction or a position quo place means indecision • Among the given options. merely one best option should be recommended 7. Conclusion/Detailed Action Plan • Make a elaborate action program to guarantee the success of the determination or recommendation • Of each prospective serious problem country. the pupil should put up matching preventative and eventuality action • If prospective serious problem countries could non be prevented. reexamine other options for concluding action Features of Good Action Plan 1. It is systematic.
• Plans of action should be decently enumerated from the first program to the last program 2. It is realistic • The program must be capable of being carried out • An unrealistic program causes defeat and is self-defeating 3. It is flexible • A good program should be flexible adequate to be changed when alteration is called for Elementss Of an Effective Case Presentation A.
Planing the presentation • Good planning assures quality and quality presentations are the lone sort you and your audience are interested in • Failure to program may do you to be uneffective and may ensue in your presentation being less than top quality Four Basic Steps in Case Presentation 1. Determining what you expect to carry through.
• This gives you a mark at which to direct your presentation clip and attempts • Set the achievements down and maintain your head to it at all times 2. Sing agencies to procure audience involvement • Basically concentrate on the audience’s involvement. non yours • Be certain the full presentation is audience-oriented 3. Expecting inquiries you may be asked after the presentation.
• There will be many • If you are caught off-guard. your entire presentation will endure and fall in • Have your replies ready 4. Gathering facts to reply awaited inquiries • Research work is overriding • This measure becomes simpler one time you set down awaited inquiries • There are many resources of fact-gathering B.
Making the existent presentation and the defence Seven ( 7 ) Basic Steps in Making Presentations 1. Always get down your presentation with the attitude that you are showing to a really of import audience • Give your audience the ruddy rug intervention Seven ( 7 ) Basic Steps in Making Presentations ( contd ) 2. Get your audience attending and keep it throughout.
3. Watch your verbal linguistic communication • Wordss are your chief communicating • Use words that suggest action • Use forceful. simple and specific words. non generalistic • Pay attending to euphony Euphony –are words that are delighting to the ears. consequence produced by words so combined to delight the ear 4. Watch your organic structure linguistic communication.
• Your position. your physical attitude. your gestures can frequently make more to assist you convert persuasively than words • Avoid scrape. oscitance or slouching • Seek oculus to oculus contact with your audience 5. Use ocular AIDSs • They dramatize the presentation and dramatisation is strong aide in converting your audience 6. Cover the concern instance wholly.
7. Answer the audience’s inquiries satisfactorily • Questions must ever be laid to rest Rules When Answering Questions 1. Ask the individual to repeat the inquiry ( if it is non really clear to you ) 2. Listen attentively 3. Ask for an account of the inquiry ( he will frequently repeat it in a different manner which is helpful ) 4. Listen intently and make non disrupt 5. Use facts to reply the inquiry -o0o- /abet-081112.