Persuasive Paragraph: Definition, How to Write, 7 Tips
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all the help you need with your essay and educational goals.Get Access
During the student years, absolutely every student often faces such a kind of academic task as writing a persuasive essay. Many students do not like this task. The reason for this may be a lack of time because of the higher priority things inherent in students perhaps because of the misunderstanding how to correctly and easily perform such a task.
But whatever one may say, as a result, you should have a ready-made essay to get a good mark. Today we will tell you how to properly perform such a task for an excellent grade. Are you ready? Then let’s start!
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
So, you are faced with such kind of academic task as writing a persuasive essay. However, do you still have a note of not understanding how to accomplish this task? Don’t be upset. You are in the right place! To begin with, it is vital for you to understand the definition of such type of writing. Let’s see what a persuasive essay is.
A persuasive essay is an essay in which you try to persuade your reader of your opinion, ideas. You have to use logic and reason to guarantee that your idea has been argued. Such an essay involves the use of arguments and convincing evidence, facts or expert opinions.
Planning a Persuasive Essay
In order to complete this task, you will need time, so take care of the stock of your time. It is better to start the process of planning what you will write in your essay. To do this, you need to complete the following steps.
- Determine your position, that is, from which side of the problem you will write. Set a clear goal.
- Analyze your target audience. What will be their reaction? Whether the audience will be agreeing, neutral or against your position.
- Spend the maximum amount of time to study your topic. You should go beyond the bounds of your own understanding and experience in this topic. Learn the opinions of experts, the literature on your topic.
- Your essay should have a clear structure. In advance, take care of the order in which you will submit arguments.
- You should always use valid statistics. It is significant to be able to back up your arguments with data. To further strengthen the argument in your compelling essay, try using one or two direct quotes from experts or the literature. Finally, give meaningful examples to strengthen and clearly illustrate your arguments.
- Use proven information and statistics. Use one or two direct quotes of experts in this topic to consolidate the argument in your essay.
- Give examples. They will help you strengthen and clearly demonstrate your arguments and facts.
- Use the persuasive essay outline in order to visualize how an essay should be. However, it is worthwhile to be attentive and use only high-quality information, as in the Internet resources there can be works of questionable quality.
How to Organize Your Persuasive Essay?
In this form of academic writing, the well-known standard structure of the composition (introduction, body, conclusion)
- Here you must maximize the attention of your audience and give brief information about your subject. Your introduction you need to end with a concrete and clear statement of the thesis.
- Here, all your arguments (which support your thesis) should be demonstrated. Remember that every paragraph should focus on one particular item. Do not forget to give one or two paragraphs, where you briefly explain and refute the opposite arguments, which are the most convincing.
- This is the point of an essay in which you have to persuade the audience of your idea. Here you need to set out the main and effective argument.
7 Simple Tips for Writing a Perfect Persuasive Essay
- Specify your position. This will give your audience an idea of ??what you are trying to convey to your essays. Do not use ambiguous provisions, not to mention boring. Your audience should understand what you are leading, but intrigued to wait for your arguments.
- Organization and structure. Before you start writing, form a plan for your essay (thesis, polling points, and conclusion) and go through the planning stages outlined in this article above. This will give you a clear picture of what you need to write, how and what to emphasize. This will greatly increase the speed of execution and the quality of your essay.
- Choosing the right theme. If your professor has given you a free subject, then why not choose what is really interesting to you. Your personal interest and knowledge in this topic will attract the attention of your audience. Moreover, your essay will be really interesting not only to readers but also to you. Plus, writing an essay seems like a very enjoyable and exciting task for you.
- Take considerable time to study your topic in order to present strong arguments and make sure your idea is correct. You should know what you are writing about because the purpose of your essay is to persuade yourself in your point of view.
- Confirm your argument. Your point of view should be justified by evidence and relevant data to achieve the main objective of this task.
- Do not forget about the consequences when choosing a political, social or religious theme. Your opinion should not replace sound evidence.
- If you do not have a brilliant experience in writing such essays, then you should allocate not a small amount of time for this task. Do not write an essay at night, before his defense. Do everything gradually and this will positively affect the quality of your essay and the mark.
Get access to
Guarantee No Hidden