Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
– Law suit
– Contractual and Regulatory compliance: Codes (fire, sanitary), regulations (environnemental), franchise agreement, management contracts, contracts w/ customers
– Budgeting Cost Control: plan and budget for their financial needs, explain and justify their needs
– Staff training
– Legal and Regulatory compliance: Building code, health department regulation, comply with law, maintain certain levels of maintenance.
– Service: Provide good service to guests. Level of maintenance and care have direct impact on guest’s experience. Good equipment = Good service + Productivityand efficiency
-Cost Control: On utilities (fuel, electricity, water), maintenance and operation (labor, materials, contracts), Capital Expenditure (furniture, fixture, equipments FF&E), major building equipements, system replacement.
– Assets Management: Protect the hotel’s physical asset via maintenance and repair
– Preventive maintenance: inspection, lubrification, minors repairs or adjustement, guestroom maintenance. Ex: filter changes in AC, lubricate doors.
-Schedule maintenance: preparing equipment to changes in the seasons. Ex: winterizing pools, descaling boiler and water heaters, replace windows.
– Predictive maintenance: Same as preventive maintenance but rely on sophisticated methods to increase operational life. Ex: ultrasonic testing of electrical equipment, system monitoring, fluid metal analysis
– Emergency maintenance: the most costly and disruptive. Unavoidable. Have immediate revenue effects (room out of service). Costly because usually have impact on others things (Ex: Pipe leak= damaged walls and ceilings)
– Yard waste
– Benchmarking for improvements
– Properly maintaining equipment
– Using proper operating methods and records
– Reducing operating hours
– Reducing energy loads. Ex: Window film to reduce heat.
– Recovering and reusing waste energy
– Using the least-costly fuel source
– Toxic: damage health, physic, mental, death when ingested
– Flammable: substance that ignite, cause fires
– Explosive: substance capable by chemical reaction to cause damage in surrounding areas
– Corrosive: material that destroy other materials by chemical reaction
– Infectious: substance that countain microorganism , can cause diseases.
according to local and international standards and regulation.
– Emergency instruction and floor plans
– Building horn and alarms
-Voice alarms, visual alarms and communication systems
– Smoke detectors
– Smoke dumper: A device installed in ductwork that inhibits the movement of smoke.
– Stairwell pressurization systems: increase air pressure in stairwell, kepping them smoke-free.
– Provide “guest safety tips”
– Phones in rooms to make emergency calls
– Guestroom doors that close and lock automatically (+ chains)
– Locked Windows, should not be able to open (suicide)
– Camera (in casinos)
– Train employees to recognize and report suspicious individuals.
– Use vehicle barrier, rearrange traffic paterns
– Control access to the building
– Aware of people wearing loose clothing or wrong for the weather
– Train staff on terrorism prevention
– Intentional events ( war and terrorism)
– natural disasters (hurricane and floods)
– Avoid stocking equipment in wet areas
– Report malfunctioning equipment
– Do not DIY repairs
– Don’t block electrical panels
– Evidence of water fowing under foundation
– Crumbling concrete
– Moisture in foundation walls
– Checking door and window for proper alignment and closure
– Weather proofing
– Preserving steel member
– Establishing the position of the hotel agains its competitors
– Estimate the incomes
– Furnitures are out, leading to a competitive disadvantage
– Interior design out of date and leads to declining revenues
-Needs of new technology
– Physical or environmental issues
– Major renovation: Replace all furnishing and change the layout of the rooms (change entrances, replacing seatings and table, installing new lighting)
– Restoration: Replace systems that are obsolete ( replacement of eletronics, interior demolition of guestrooms)
– Special projects: perform work related to a specific system upgrade (installation of high speed internet)
– Discretionary: Projects that aren’t customary by law. (installation of spa, coffee kiosk)
Get access to
Guarantee No Hidden