O’ Muslims You Must Know Essay
About The Author
1. Brigadier Muhammad Shafi Khan belongs to Rawalakot- Sudhanooti, Distict Poonch of Azad Kashmir. He graduated from PMA and also from Islamia College Railway Road Lahore. As member of the team of students of Islamia College, he worked in Gurdaspur during 1946 election. The students from Islamia College Lahore who worked for Pakistan saw their dream come true within a year.
2. He was commissioned in Pakistan army in August 1950. In 1958 he served as an instructor in PMA. In 1959 he graduated from Quetta. In 1960-61 he was staff officer of an independent Brigade in Din- Bajaur operation. In 1962-63 he graduated from fort Benning USA followed by special Warfare School at Fort Bragg USA. In 1965 he served as a company commander in Titwal. He served at GHQ and later in ISI in 1968-70. During 1971 war he commanded a Brigade in Kotli area. He operates Kashmir Study Center at Lahore, since early 1989. He took active participation in Resistance Movement in Kashmir which to him means the common cause of survival of Pakistan and Kashmir. His only wish is to see Pakistanis and Pakistan great.
3. In this book writer has discussed the thinking and hypocracy of Hindus. He has discussed many events from the beginning of 1947 till this day. He has discussed many cheatings and diplomatic behaviour of the Hindus towards the Muslims and many other minorities in India. He has discussed many riots that have occurred till today. He has given a detailed account of the Hinduism. He has also discussed the lack of interest on our side and also suggested many solutions towards these problems. He has shown many foes of us in disguise of friends.
4. People of Pakistan have a history of suffering and victimization and adverse treatment to recount; the subject of this book. Despite all these facts Pakistani Muslims will not violate any kind of security of interest of others.
5. But we must reserve the right to react: “We ordained for therein for them, life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth and wound equal for equal. But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself.”
O’ Muslims You Must Know
6. The ground reality was the real cause of partition. It sticks like a vice even after separation of over half a century. In 1999 Mr. Jaswant Singh the foreign minister of India did not shake hand with Mr. Sartaj Aziz the foreign minister of Pakistan on his formal visit to India. It tells the story of over a thousand years. Mahatma Gandhi had said “a minority of converts (meaning Muslims) did not make a nation they had no right to break a nation”. Mr. Sarojni Naidu said “if Jinnah were on congress side hundred Gandhi could not had made Pakistan”.
7. Muslim majority district Gurdas Pur was given to India to give her way to Kashmir. Previously there were two approaches to reach Kashmir-one; road and rail link from Sialkot to Jammu and other; a road from Rawalpindi to Srinagar. Mr. Jinnah was not allowed to visit Kashmir by Kashmir government. Mountbatten said to maharaja not to declare accession of the stat to India or Pakistan before 15 august. He told him “I know that you want to see your state independent, it will not happen. Mr. make up your mind or I will make it for you”. A boat bridge was constructed at Pathan kot to link India with Kashmir. On 19 July Mountbatten was told by Quaid-e-Azam that he is not acceptable to Pakistan as the common governor general of Pakistan and India. On 19 July Mountbatten entered the Jinnah office and said: MB:“do you realize what this will cost you”?
Jinnah:“It may cost me several crores of rupees in assets” MB:“It may well cost you the whole of your assets and future of Pakistan”.
8. The Akali Jathans, RSS and Jaun Sanghi marauders were inducted into the state to carry out the genocide of Muslims. The Muslim population was disarmed- even kitchen were required to be deposited into the police stations. The war survival by Muslims had already commenced when Muzafarrabad was attacked and captured by tribal lashkers on 22 October 1947. The lashkers headed for Srinagar. Maharaja Hari Singh abandoned Srinagar and left in hurry to Jammu. On 27 October Indian army entered and accession was signed by maharaja in favour of Indians. War broke down. Indian army tried to remove resistance from Azad Kashmir area but failed. On 14 December Pakistan pooled down massive artillery and brought down a very heavy droubling on Nowshera. Totally unnerved India begged from UNO for cease fire and offered the suggestion of plebiscite under UN auspices.
9. In 1965 India developed an operation in Run of Kutch to gain psychological ascendancy and also to boost the morale of the champions of insurgency developed by her for Sindhoo-Desh. Indian forces were put on flight in the deserts: it was just another repeat of India’s fight against the Chinese in Himalayas in October 1962. The cease fire was arranged but Indian Prime Minister (Shastri) had challenged to select the front of his own choice. Finding India ignoring her commitment before the UNO regarding the plebiscite, Pakistan launched operation Jibralter in 1965 to throw India out of Kashmir with the help of Kashmiris but the present of Pakistani forces surprised the Kashmiris more than the Indian forces. Having failed to develop the freedom movement of the people against the India, Pakistan attacked the Chamb (6 Sep 1965 operation grand slam) to capture Akhnoor this would have put the Indian army in a critical situation in Kashmir.
10. To take pressure off from Kashmir and also to prove that India considered Kashmir as the part of her territory, India attacked on the international borders of Sialkot and Lahore on sixth September. Cease fire was arranged and hostilities came to end on 22/23 September 1965. The comic aspect if not victorious both sides claimed to have come off better than the other. Russia offered her good offices and arranged the meeting of president of Pakistan and prime minister of India at Tashkent. They signed Tashkent agreement on 10 January 1966. Mr. Shastri the Indian prime minister died there of heart attack.
11. India challenged the accession of the Indian majority state Jonagher as it is unrealistic to give the state without the will of the Hindus. India invaded it and arranged the plebiscite under her own arrangements. Similarly Hyderabad was annexed through a police station and Goa, a Dutch state, was also taken by force.
12. The aim in attacking the Kashmir was actually to take the water resources under control. Similarly India also blocked the waters of the eastern rivers and latter through Indus Water Treaty this problem was adjusted. Three eastern rivers were given to India and it never happened that control of any river was given to any one country nor ever the course of the water was changed before. Russia joined India to break Pakistan and they did so. America the so called our ally stand neutral aside and watched the demolition of Pakistan. War of 1971 ended on Shimla accord. Meanwhile US-UK called the resolution of UN as out dated. India made world to believe her cause through many ways.
13. Then writer has discussed about the Hinduism, their believes, Gods and Goddesses. The study of the Hinduism can be useful and revealing for a learned and wise man of the world. Siva Ji who embraced General Afzal Khan (General of Mughal king Aurangzeb) only to drive iron claws into his lungs killing him on the spot. It was a embrace of death. For this act of chivalry Siva Ji remains an inspiring model for Hindus. Gandhi said that Hinduism teaches us: “To kill your enemy, befriend him- embrace
to kill him and weep over his dead body.”
14. Krishna who is considered polite and philosopher is the supreme God of Hindus. Gita is considered the song of the lord and it is the central source for guidance and inspiration. Hindus found and believe in the concept of trinity: Barhama as the creator, Vishnu as the preserver and Shiva as the destroyer. In the popular mind Barhama is tended to fade away as the created world was already in place- Vishnu and Shiva continued to rule supreme. There is another God Rama who is the husband of Sita. Sita was taken away by ten headed monster. After twelve years she was freed from him by Hanuman who used to rule over the monkeys. He attacked when Rama declared the war against the Ravana. Vishnu came in ten forms in the world. Ganesh another God, he is considered as the son of Parvati and Shiva. He had mouth like an elephant and rest of the body like a man. Hanuman killed the monster Kala Nemi.
15. There are many female Goddesses as well. Saraswati who is considered as the Goddess of learning and wisdom- wife of lord Barhama- the supreme creator. Lakshami the Goddess of wealth and beauty, pre-eminently the consort of Vishnu. She is also known as the Padma or Sri. Durga is the consort of lord Shiva. She is in any of the forms: mild, benevolent and fierce. Generally seen with four or more hand with carrying special weapons in each hand. Fearsome Kali is the manifestation of the deity- a Majakali or Bjadarakali- the terrible- a figurative manifestation showing her with blood red mouth- disheveled flame like hair, wearing a necklace of skulls and girdle of severed arms. She is worshiped in the darkest nights of the month. Mahabharat is longest poem of the world written between 400 BC and 400 AD. Ramayan is more elaborate in poetry and shorter than Mahabharat.
16. Pakistan cooperated with the coalition forces in the offensive against Afghanistan (October 2001 onwards). The US plans and policies pressed Pakistan into service or face the prospect of the Stone Age …..very ominous and demeaning threat. Think of Indian deployment against Pakistan- the hot- pursuit of remnant of the devotees of the laden in Pakistan the insecurity of the nuclear establishment. Why the western media has been so critical of the affairs in Pakistan. It is now very obvious that Pakistan may receive a decisive treatment. Let us not to be driven to the nose.
17. There is an inescapable need for rearranging of the infrastructure of the state to pull the country out of quick-sands and also to defend our interests against the known enemies. We are still on our feet- think of those nations which after wars rose from the ashes. Heavenly light be our guide. “We must recognize the ground realities and above all we must know our enemies, their aims and their designs.”