6.05 Rate and Collision Theory Essay Essay
Does come up country affect dissolution of Alka-Seltzer tablets? Materials:
1. solo cups
2. Alka-Seltzer tablets
4. Measuring Cup
1. I placed out two of my solo cups on the counter
2. Then I put 1 cup of room temperature H2O into each cup. 3. Then put one Alka-Seltzer Tablet in one cup and clip it until it dissolves wholly. 4. In the 2nd cup I put in a crushed up Alka- Seltzer tablet and timed it until it dissolved. 5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 one more clip.
21. 86 seconds
23. 52 seconds
29. 15 seconds
35. 33 seconds
Discussion and Decision:
Answer the undermentioned inquiries in complete sentences.
1. What two factors did you look into in your process. and why did you take to compare these two factors? The two factors I investigated were surface country and Alka-Seltzer. I decided to pick those if the surface country made the Alka-seltzer dissolves faster.
2. What other factors did you need to command during your probe? Explain how you controlled each one in your process. Factors that I needed to command in my experiment was the temperature of H2O. how many Alka-Seltzer tablets to set in. and how much H2O to utilize in the cups. I had a thermometer to do certain that when I done my two tests that they both had the same temperature of H2O. I merely put one tablet per cup. and I made
sure to hold the same sum of H2O in each cup I used.
3. What was your anticipation about the consequences of each factor tested in your two lab processs? Explain your anticipations based on your cognition of the dissolution procedure. hit theory. and reaction rates. My anticipations of the consequences on this lab were right. I figured that if the Alka-Seltzer were crushed up it would do it more easy to fade out since they were in small pieces alternatively of one large tablet.
4. In your ain words. explicate the hit theory. and what is necessary for a hit to be successful? Collision theory is a theory that when molecules collide in a certain manner with the certain sum of energy they start to organize new substances.
5. A specific accelerator was non provided for this reaction. but accelerators are utile for increasing the rate of many slow reactions. In your ain words. give a elaborate account of how accelerators can increase the rate of a reaction or procedure? Catalysts can increase the rate of a reaction or procedure because they help rush things up by cut downing the sum of energy required for the reaction to go on.